Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put down the RR a few weeks ago on the left side. It was low speed making a left hand turn from a dead stop. It was 9 degrees out and the cold tires got me. I picked the bike up and rode the rest of the way home but started smelling something burning. I was less than a mile away so I continued on. I thought it maybe was some oil or something that had leaked out when I went down. When I took my fairings off I discovered that my Throttle Rocker had slipped off and fallen against the header pipes and melted. I was able to pull a big chunk of it off but some still remains and it is plastered on pretty hard. I know I can start the bike, let it get hot again and try to wipe it off. Are there any other things I should try? Am I ok just leaving it and letting it burn off over time?

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
i think theres a product for getting crap off headers... I remember seeing a demo of it at a cruisers show but dont remember the name. it got melted boot and other crap right of the pipes.

last year I had a friend that a mix of plastic/rubber/etc melted onto his pipes and he used a heat gun to heat up only that area with the junk and then scraped (more like scooped) then cleaned the stuff off.
^If you have a heat gun or know someone with one I would do this instead of running the motor until it heats up.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the suggestions. I do have access to a heat gun and will give that a try, but if you or anyone else happen to remember the name of that product please post because I am interested.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts