Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All of a sudden yesterday I starting hearing this plastic rattling sound coming somewhere from the front of my bike. The sound has no specific rythem, it seems irratic sounding. I stripped all the plastics off looking for a loose connection but didnt find anything. I still hear it every so often during deceleration..it seemed to have gotten better somewhat..but its still there. it bugs. Anybody else experience this, or am I the only one?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Downforce137 said:
check fender bolts!!!
hmmm..where specifically. I took off my mids, lowers, and tank, rode it around and still heard the sound. arg...i dont know what it could be.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The front fender bolts on my F3 vibrated out, and it made a very strange noise when it was loose. Check the front fender bolts into the forks, and make sure they are there, and tight.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
mine rattled a little bit between the tank cover and the actual tank and airbox and stuff. while you are riding, press down on the depressed area in the tank cover right in front of the fill nozzle and see if the rattle stops. if so then you can do what i did and go to menards or somewhere and grab a little strip of 1" wide foam rubber door sealer stuff that is peel and stick and stick it on the underside of the tank cover

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Downforce137 said:
The front fender bolts on my F3 vibrated out, and it made a very strange noise when it was loose. Check the front fender bolts into the forks, and make sure they are there, and tight.
hmmm..where are those located on our bikes? thanks in advance.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
potate311 said:
mine rattled a little bit between the tank cover and the actual tank and airbox and stuff. while you are riding, press down on the depressed area in the tank cover right in front of the fill nozzle and see if the rattle stops. if so then you can do what i did and go to menards or somewhere and grab a little strip of 1" wide foam rubber door sealer stuff that is peel and stick and stick it on the underside of the tank cover
hmmm...i did a search and saw that, im pretty sure its not that because i took off the tank cover and rode around and still heard it.

·
Registered
639 Posts
The bolts that hold the front fender? There are 3 on each side I believe, 2 hold the brake lines to the fender/fork and the other 2 go thru the fender into the forkleg. You know, the fender around the front wheel?

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Downforce137 said:
The bolts that hold the front fender? There are 3 on each side I believe, 2 hold the brake lines to the fender/fork and the other 2 go thru the fender into the forkleg. You know, the fender around the front wheel?
yeah sadly i already looked at those bolts..they are tight alright. im going crazy.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
arg...ill probably have to take it into the shop on tues just to be safe.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mister Dirt said:
yeah, the shop is the way to go if u already tighted everything, and replaced everything and still hear it. did u check to see if there were any cracks on any fairing, or anything in the front area?
yeah...whats werid is that the sound started happening while i was riding home yesterday. at first it was loud and constant...now its more faint and random as to when it happens.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
`SuperStreet said:
Does it happen when you hit 5k rpm?? anyone know what thats about?
perhaps, im not too sure regarding the rpm read out but it does happen more often during deleration.

·
Registered
19 Posts
LegendaryAcs said:
All of a sudden yesterday I starting hearing this plastic rattling sound coming somewhere from the front of my bike. The sound has no specific rythem, it seems irratic sounding. I stripped all the plastics off looking for a loose connection but didnt find anything. I still hear it every so often during deceleration..it seemed to have gotten better somewhat..but its still there. it bugs. Anybody else experience this, or am I the only one?
I had the same problem with mine a while ago. i had to replace the front nose cone a few weeks ago and i found a screw deep in there that hold the headlights in place was loose! took hours! hope this helps.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Rob caulfield said:
I had the same problem with mine a while ago. i had to replace the front nose cone a few weeks ago and i found a screw deep in there that hold the headlights in place was loose! took hours! hope this helps.
o man that sounds like lots of work. crap.

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Its most likely your tank cover...this has been covered a few times...most people put some dynomat or tape on the inner tank cover to stop the rattle...mine just started doing it too. when your riding and it starts to vibrate press down on the top part of your tank cover and you will notice it stops.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts