Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so long story short and ill be making another post later but basically I have a track bike now since insruance wanted to total out a perfect bike hey im happy.

Anyways anytime ive gone to the track ive always taken my street bike and just left plastics on there, well i would like to just leave my track bike naked I am just wondering if there are specific rules about things being covered up? I wouldnt see why not but just double checking. And i realize rules are going to vary from track to track but if you guys can just give any input.

·
MotoGP NEWS Guru
5,051 Posts
Check with the individual track organizations. As far as I know, naked bikes are generally acceptable. The only thing is, now that your radiator overflow bottle is exposed, they may have you replace your radiator fluid with water.

·
Registered
71 Posts
You are going to have to check with each track you go to, each one is different

antifreeze is allowed at some tracks, I haven't had to drain mine yet. However, it is encouraged to run straight water (or with water wetter). helps crash cleanup and your bike to run cooler

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Check with the individual track organizations. As far as I know, naked bikes are generally acceptable. The only thing is, now that your radiator overflow bottle is exposed, they may have you replace your radiator fluid with water.
Well I already have engine ice in there which is should be compareble to water in the safety aspect. HMmmm i guess ill just have to call around. I was just thinking theres nothing that will be flapping around i can zip tie anything lose up etc so it shouldnt be a problem.
Thanks for input.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^ engine ice is NOT approved normally because it is slippery just like antifreeze. in WSMC, who i race with it's straight water or water+water wetter and that's it.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was under the impression that engine ice and water wetter were the same as in they eliminate the slick factor? not true?

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
^ no, not true. engine ice has glycol (slippery) like antifreeze and also has surfactant like water wetter. water wetter is just a surfactant.

water wetter + antifreeze = engine ice basically.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok, i usually go to jennings and they want engine ice or watter wetter so i just assumed they were the same. THanks for heads up

·
Registered
123 Posts
^ engine ice is NOT approved normally because it is slippery just like antifreeze. in WSMC, who i race with it's straight water or water+water wetter and that's it.
Wrong.
Engine Ice is a poly glycol based coolant which is approved by almost everyone for competition. Standard automotive coolants are ethyl glycol.

A snippet from sportbike track time's requirements page:
Advanced and Intermediate group riders MUST use water or water wetter or a non-ethyl glycol based anti-freeze/coolant. Approved Poly Glycol brands are: Evans, 7th Gear, Liquid Performance, and Engine Ice.
Engine ice is fine.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thats what i thought thanks.

Back to the plastics though can you find anything about that ? lol

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ok thats what i thought thanks.

Back to the plastics though can you find anything about that ? lol
As long as everything is secure, and there is nothing loose or hanging off, it should be fine to run "naked". (ie, you have to pass tech).
No organization i know of has any rules against naked/non-faired bikes (though most people who run a naked bike are on bikes that started that way).

You can always pick up a cheap set of track plastics (or even some chinese knock-off junk for dirt cheap, since you probably wont care as much if the fit is perfect).

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
as long as everything is secured you'll pass tech inspection. I'd just pick up a cheap set of race glass though just in case you did spill it you don't tear up the harness etc.. they do add a little bit of protection for sure

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks for the advice guys, i will more than likely look into some track plastics just gotta see when some money comes along. And any money that does i would rather spend it on going to the track lol but i do agree having some windprotection would be nice

·
Registered
312 Posts
I forgot there was a cbr600rr at the last track day with out mids/lowers/uppers and I didn't think they would let him run if oil were to leak out a little no lowers were there to catch it... But he can I'd agree with above just depends on the organization or how well you know the head honcho running the track day ;)

·
Registered
123 Posts
I forgot there was a cbr600rr at the last track day with out mids/lowers/uppers and I didn't think they would let him run if oil were to leak out a little no lowers were there to catch it... But he can I'd agree with above just depends on the organization or how well you know the head honcho running the track day ;)
Stock fairings are open on the bottom, and wont stop any leaks anyways...

If you run intermediate or advanced, make sure you have everything safety wired, as it will be much easier for tech to check it with no plastics!

·
Registered
140 Posts
i have a set of shark skin race fairings the headlight holes are drilled out though if your interested let me know. ill let them go for cheap.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well making everything happen to where i picked up my other cbr and trying to get some pieces painted I am definatly broke but if you wana shoot me a pm ill entertain the wife :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts