·
Registered
1,779 Posts
It's different from state to state.

Is plating cost the same thing?

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
It varys state to state...here in TN. I pay something like $43 for each bike to renew the plates.

cars are close to $80 if I'm not mistaken....I let the wife do all that crap.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Plating sportbikes in Quebec is expensive because its the s.a.a.q. thats insuring the people on the road (drivers and/or people on the street that get hit or wtv due to a vehicle) and they pay the costs of that insurance with the plates.
So you can't really compare plating costs with the US unless you guys tell us how much the extra premium is on your life insurance (life, invalidity, medical etc) because you own and drive a 400cc over sportbike.

For a 21 y.o. guy like me (i live in montreal,quebec):
320$ for plates
800$ cnd bike insurance (civil responsibility + fire & theft)

so.... fellow 600rr US drivers, how much do you guys pay in total (bike and life insurance + plates) so i can decide wether i move out to another country after im done with university?

·
Registered
42 Posts
oh and like indueng said, the plates are gonna be around 1400 in 2010.
imagine... 1400 + 800, and you re not even insured two-ways

·
Get Jiggy with it
6,178 Posts
Holy mother of jesus!!!!! you guys are getting raped !!!!

I pay $356/year full coverage!!! and like $40-somthing for the plate renewal

·
Registered
14,362 Posts
My life/health insurance (if that's what you mean) isn't affected by my bike. My full coverage on the bike itself with liability and medical etc. is ~$300.00 a year.

·
Registered
42 Posts
but like if you get hit by a truck while riding your bike and you lose both legs (and right nut), do you have insurance for that? If so, whats the extra premium since you own and drive a sportbike (or regular bike wtv...)

and yea, my a-hole is gonna hurt a lot more in 2010, hopefuly i can move somewhere i can ride all year long...(and not pay 2000 tomatoes a year just to legally drive a bike)

·
Registered
42 Posts
holy ****, we are def getting raped (donkey punched for that matter)
anyone here knows a place in the states where they need actuaries? im leaving this freezing shithole in 2008 lol

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
wow thats crazy!!! my 04 plate renewal was $16 and i paid $30 a month for insurance!! (mississippi plates)

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
i paid $98 this last year for registration and $1,200 for a year of insurance no collision or bodily harm.

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
megastud said:
but like if you get hit by a truck while riding your bike and you lose both legs (and right nut), do you have insurance for that? If so, whats the extra premium since you own and drive a sportbike (or regular bike wtv...)
no extra premium for health insurance that would cover medical expenses in the example you cited... there is an extra premium for life/disability insurance which will take care of you/family after the medical condition is healed up.

·
Registered
765 Posts
megastud said:
For a 21 y.o. guy like me (i live in montreal,quebec):
320$ for plates
800$ cnd bike insurance (civil responsibility + fire & theft)

yeah but in us $$$ that is like $30 bucks for plates

:LOL:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts