Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have an 04 with about 7k miles. When the bike is cold, it rides smooth. You can punch it and the RPM’s will climb perfectly. After riding the bike for about 15-20minutes you try to punch it and as it gets to 7k rpm the bike bogs and drops speed and the rpms start to drop, even with the throttle still open. I’ve done research and a lot of people have said it’s the fuel pump but can the fuel pump go out with such little milage on the machine? Also I saw a bit of rust on the rim inside the tank, maybe the rust in the tank could have gotten an injector clogged? I doubt it’s the spark plugs but.. i don’t know at this point and I just want to ride.. Any advice will be more and appreciated and thank you in advance..

·
Registered
882 Posts
Sounds like the pump, but there are other members on here that have had that experience, so I will defer to their expertise. your first thought is probably right though.

D

·
0 Posts
If you saw rust, I'd inspect the fuel filter and make sure it's not clogged. Clean the tank out and clean the injectors. See if it fixes the issue.

Do you have a power commander on the bike?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oh alright, im looking at fuel pumps now. I know i can take the fuel pump off and test the pressure of it.. er least i think. i just want to 100% positive you know. thank you Kenneth

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no power commander.. hmmm im going to need the manual.. hey demented doing all that is hard?

·
Registered
882 Posts
no prob, b4 you do that wait for some more feedback, from other members. some one on here has had this same issue at 1 time or another so see what they say. it could be something else but it sounds like a pump issue. or filter at the least.
oh alright, im looking at fuel pumps now. I know i can take the fuel pump off and test the pressure of it.. er least i think. i just want to 100% positive you know. thank you Kenneth

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

yeah im going to go with the fuel pump, the tank is all rusted so i wanted to try to fix it with that kit.. they sell. Do you guys think that it could have gone into the injectors?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts