Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I replaced the stator cover this weekend on my bike. I took the bike out yesterday and at the end of the ride i had to pop the clutch to get it home. The display went out as well. I charged the battery and took it back out on the road today and the bike would not run. When I finally got back home the battery charger says that the battery is fully charged. Also the display would only show the time but if you wait another second the full display will come up. when you engage the starter it just clicks. Could I have gooned up the re-install of the stator cover? Or is their another issue at play?

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
did you rememeber to plug it back in?
stator covers are pretty straight forward.

stator actually bolted in and plugged in?
cover sealed and not leaking?

thats about all there is to it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked the connections on it and I never unpluged it, Maybe thats the problem? However if the battery and stator are dead I shouldn't be able to push start it should I? Those are the only source of power so If they were both bad their wouldn't be a source of power for the spark plugs to draw from. Also the bike has been at low rpm for the past two weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Also since the bike is a year old could the problem be the regulator/rectifier? thanks for all the help

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
one more question. Can the Alternator bypass the battery to power the ignition system or does it have to go through the battery to power the ignition system.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I can answer the last one - no battery and the bike doesn't run - check the electrical connectors and hte ground. then check your fuses - then if slugger is around bug him for the pin out ohm check on the stator connector if the first 2 don't show anything (I know it's in another post in here somewhere tho)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts