Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all i'm having a major issue with my gas gauge on my cluster on my 06 cbr600rr i'm hoping someone can help me out here. My gauge doesn't read it show three bars on the bottom and two mars at the top. Now i did all the checks with a tester to check the ohms on the harness leading from the fuel pump and that indicated the fuel pump was working how its suppose to so now i'm just lost............. Please help needed.

Attachments

·
Registered
849 Posts
Looks like the LCD (liquid crystal display) is probably permanently out for those two missing bars. If the tank is full and that's how it reads, you may be able to live with it.

If the bars don't light up during your ignition check when you turn the key, the combination meter printed circuit board is bad.

vvv

·
Super Moderator
1,943 Posts
Have a look at 20-18 in the service manual. Here is a screenshot of it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like the LCD (liquid crystal display) is probably permanently out for those two missing bars. If the tank is full and that's how it reads, you may be able to live with it.

If the bars don't light up during your ignition check when you turn the key, the combination meter printed circuit board is bad.

vvv
I was hoping that the circuit board being bad was not the issue but i didn't want to buy a cluster and have it do that same thing plus clusters on ebay are like over $200us. I guess my final solution is to change the cluster.

·
Registered
849 Posts
Yes, with those two bars out, it may be an annoyance, but with your trip meter and the rest of the bars you can at least maintain some functionality.

Buying the separate gas board may be possible. Buying a damaged cluster for cheap and swapping out that particular piece may save some $$$. Maybe one warped from sun or damaged in another area.

But, hit or miss and takes time so keep shopping and eventually you'll find a reasonable deal.

If you pull it off, you could attempt:
http://www.instructables.com/id/Repair-a-Malfunctioning-LCD/

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, with those two bars out, it may be an annoyance, but with your trip meter and the rest of the bars you can at least maintain some functionality.

Buying the separate gas board may be possible. Buying a damaged cluster for cheap and swapping out that particular piece may save some $$$. Maybe one warped from sun or damaged in another area.

But, hit or miss and takes time so keep shopping and eventually you'll find a reasonable deal.

If you pull it off, you could attempt:
http://www.instructables.co ge Thanks for the input, the second option sounds abit risky but i think i'm crazy enough just to try it.................Where would i be able to buy the separate gas board from anyway?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts