Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was putting on the no cut frame sliders and i turned on the bike and reved with the reg. disconnected. it turned off on me and now doesnt start the cluster goes ape sh^t and acts the same when i take off the ecm..... so i ordered a new ecm after checking all the fuses. i tried the new ecm and still nothing is there a fuse i dont know about? can it be a relay? what else is there to check . i dont think i got stiffed out of a comp.

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
"the cluster goes ape sh^t" Does that mean the tach repeatedly keeps sweeipng to 15K and back down?

Starting it with the regulator disconnected won't hurt it. Sounds like you have a loose connection at the battery. Check that first.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)

nope .. when i connect the batt the tack runs to 15k and back . when i turn the key the screen goes blank. no start no fuel pump noise no n e thing then turn the key back to off the tack runs to 15k and back... no headlights. clock is the only thing that works but when i turn the key to on position it goes out , like the whole cluster. i tried push starting it ... still no good

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Ok... your battery is dead. Charge it of you have a charger then try it again. if the same happens... your battery isn't taking a charge and will need to be replaced.

Explanation... a bad battery with a very small load ( clock on the gauges draws almost no current ) will supply 12V but when you turn the bike on... the battery has to power the headlights, fuel pump... and since it cannot supply enough power to run all that... the voltage will drop to like 3V which is like just unhooking the battery. Then when you turn the bike off... the only load is the clock again so it supplies 12V again so the tach sweeps just like you hooked the battery up again.

you can take the battery to an autoparts store and they'll load test it for free, no need to have a charger if you want to go that route.

you should be able to push start it but you need to push it fast enough for the stator to produce enough power to operate the electronics. Chances are that you won't be able to push it that fast.
Jump start will work also.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the money

wow your completely right!!!i connected my 2500 cummins and the hights jumped right up everything working properly!!! started rough but idle fine after some time ..................... now i think y stator is defective as well when i dis connect the the cables it shuts off or maybe its lack of batt.. ???? what do you think? should i replace the stator ?? i run my high beams all the time . and when i sit in traffic and shut off the bike i have to push start.. :shakehand:+1:

you rock!!!!

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
DUDE ITS THE BATTERY!! dont buy nething untill u get a battery, you already bought a new ECU, DO NOT BUY A NEW STATOR!!! LMAO

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Yea bud...its the battery. If the bike runs with the stator connected...but dies when you unhook it. That means that the stator was supplying the power to run the bike.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts