Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 03 600rr. I was in a wreck in Feb and slid on the left side. since then, my water pump has not circulated any liquid. the fan turns on at 220 which i think is correct. there is no visible damage to the water pump either. my radiator flows perfectly and the system is topped off. i wanted to know if just the impact of the accident could have caused the water pump to fail or if there is a relay that i don't know of. the bike will easily climb close to 250 if i don't shut it off. please, any help is appreciated.

thanks!

K

·
0 Posts
you say the water pump doesn't circulate coolant, but the radiator flows perfectly... you do realize how much sense that makes, right?

have you replaced anything recently? any mechanical repairs?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i appreciate the sacrcasm...

i removed the radiator and had it tested for leaks and to check the flow.

K

·
0 Posts
well then your problem is that you didn't properly "Burp" the cooling system when you refilled it.

is that the case?

I am a little callous at times, but i am here to help you with your problem. just try to bear with me.

·
Registered
123 Posts
well then your problem is that you didn't properly "Burp" the cooling system when you refilled it.

is that the case?

I am a little callous at times, but i am here to help you with your problem. just try to bear with me.
What do you mean burp as i just put mine on my bike and hooked all the lines up and filled her up???

K

·
0 Posts
you have to force the air out of the bowels of the engine. head, cylinder sleeves, etc etc. those don't get filled up completely when you put fluid in the radiator because of the thermostat.

K

·
0 Posts
ok, cool, so how do i do this? sorry, i'm new to this kind of maintenence.
then you shouldn't be doing it.

PM Raydog for your Generation's Honda Service Manual, he'll get you want you need to know.

The idea is to force all the air out of the motor's water jackets and replace it with coolant. the best way to accomplish this is to heat the motor up and use thermal expansion in conjunction with pressure to force air out. IIRC the manual states to fill the radiator, cap it, open the coolant tank and start whacking the throttle a little and you'll see bubbles coming out of the bottom hose. it's a good idea to tip it side to side IF YOU'RE CAPABLE OF DOING SO.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts