Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my problem i'm tring to get power out of my bike... (2005 CBR 600rr). I live in colorado so it's not sea level, I had a dyno on it last year. I only had a yoshi exaust on it and hit 101.9 ok so i added the sproket converson and K&n filters and last week i had a custom map put on, But now it's 98.4 what the...... how can i get the gains i want without buying a 1000..

·
Registered
7,428 Posts
What HP gains are you looking for,

HRC engine kit will boost your power quite a bit, but you will sacrafice engine life, Some fully HRC'd bikes can put out 120-130 hp,,,

you could also move to somewhere at sea level for a few HP

·
Registered
152 Posts
Changing your sprockets won't give your engine more power. Adding a K&N filter will reduce the power potential of your engine and probably explains the loss of HP.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh yea!!! I have the pc3 sorry.... And I wish i could move but can't get too far with foodstamps lol..gota be close to my kids man... And I guess i was expecting at least 110-115 but I don't know.. And I guess it has to do with location.. Plus I've road a harley thats carborated, and i love my cbr and the power but we can never have to much hp

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no I don't race except for a friend on a 05 gsxr and it's getting close to him beating me and well we can't have a gsxr beat a honda now can we... Oh and i was wrong I just looked at my paper and it's only 96.35 hp at 40.75 ftp eh! even worse and that's (SAE)

·
Registered
960 Posts
Where did you go get it dyno'd at? Why are you racing? Bandimere isn't open yet. Up here its hard to get power out of your car or bike. I bet if you went anywhere else in the states you won't be at a 96hp. Or you just went to a crappy shop.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I think you should first stop racing your friend's gixxer, and maybe take the time to enjoy riding your bike. Maybe do some mods that make you happy instead of a power mod just to show that your faster. When it comes down to it, both bikes are comparable. Be the bigger man here and just let it go.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL!!! o.k no more racing, But don't you think i should be getting more power then 96 hp I think thats my biggest headache.......

·
Registered
169 Posts
the elevation your at and possibly a bad map is all your gonna be able to work with and still make it every day street friendly...

Still not fun enough for ya...kill yourself just as quick at 96 hp or 110 hp

1 - 18 of 18 Posts