Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently passed my bike test an have just got my first bike a 600rr and all I can say is wow what fun scary but fun

But now on a serious note I have had the bile just over a month and am getting annoyed with the hassle it has caused and have another problem don't get me wrong I love my bike but when I bought it it had a faulty battery which the dealership has dealt with.

Now prob number two I went to start my bike today it started up fine and purred away but just as I put it into gear it cut out and the oil light came on so I checked it and topped it up and went to start it again and she started up perfect but again went to put it into gear and she cut out again and the light came up again. I followed the instructions and started her up and let her sit idle incase it needed to build up pressure after being topped up but again into gear and she cuts out.

I have not alot of knowledge on bikes so please help email me on

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
kickstand up?

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
kickstand up?

:+1::+1::+1::+1::+1:

Dude its your kickstand... the bike will not move with it down. It will start in Neutral but that's about it. Once you attempt to put it in 1st the bike will die and the oil light will come on. Just as you mention. It has happen to every1 at least twice. I've been riding for a few years and I still do it every few months. LOL.

There isn't anything wrong with your bike. The battery mostly likely died at the stealership because it wasn't being ridden. It happens.

I shot him a email...

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
FWIW - You might want to check your oil level to make sure you didn't overfill it with too much oil...
Good catch on that. ONLY put 3 quarts of oil in your bike. It'll be like 3.1-3.2 quarts if you want to be realistic. Oh and it's mostly your kickstand down like others said haha. Unless you keep stalling.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Cheers guys if I have over filled it is there a release valve to let some out I'll check that tomorrow morning

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
I ROFFLED mad hard lol. I've done that a couple times. Nothing like trying to pull off like a smooth cool kid in front of a hot chick then bam bike cuts out lmao

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Cheers guys if I have over filled it is there a release valve to let some out I'll check that tomorrow morning
Yes, there's a drain plug underneath your bike. You can't miss it. For a new biker, I would take the lower fairings off and do it that way.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts