Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright guys, here's my problem. I installed short stalk rear signals on the bike 3 days ago. Everything worked fine at first but today when i took the bike out, both of my left signals(front and rear) wont light up, neither will the signal indicator on the guage cluster. My right side works fine, but my left is gone. Its probobly a blown fuse or bad wiring connections on my left rear blinker. Imma take a look at it tomorrow afternoon. But can you guys please share your knowledge and let me know what might be wrong. And if its the fuse, where is it located? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
226 Posts
fuse box is behind the left fairing, its inside a rubber housing, blinker fuse is 10amp, you should be able to reach it without taking the fairing off, just the main bolt

·
Registered
223 Posts
It has to be something that you did. Are both turn signals (L and R) on the same fuse? If they are, then that can't be the problem.

NewRedRider said:
Go back through your wiring. The blinkers are a series loop so they are all connected together, front and rear.
I don't believe that's not totally true. If you disconnect your rear turn signals the fronts just blink a lot faster, but if you disconnect the front turn signals none of them work. Or it could be the other way around...

·
Registered
207 Posts
What kind of bike do you have? On my 05 RR the fuse case is under the seat sort of between the battery and the rear cowl. Its probably the fuse. The problem I had with mine was that the signals stayed on constant, no blinky blink. But I found out that was because the bike was off...I started the engine and they worked. My shop guy said it was probably that the load resistors dont work when the bike is off, but pick up the load when its on. Anyway, Im all set now...Definitely check your fuses.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Antdaddy79 said:
What kind of bike do you have? On my 05 RR the fuse case is under the seat sort of between the battery and the rear cowl. Its probably the fuse. The problem I had with mine was that the signals stayed on constant, no blinky blink. But I found out that was because the bike was off...I started the engine and they worked. My shop guy said it was probably that the load resistors dont work when the bike is off, but pick up the load when its on. Anyway, Im all set now...Definitely check your fuses.
there are two fuse boxes, the one under the seat is for different things then the fuse box under the left fairing. im pretty sure the one under the fairing is for the blinkers and lights. and the one under the seat is the main fuse and everything else.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Its an '05... Its raining out here so I wasnt able to ride it to the office.. I'll have to check it out once I get home. I'm thinking that I possibly wired them wrong and my positive touched my negative which prolly caused the fuse to blow.

Anyone else?

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
mikehal said:
It has to be something that you did. Are both turn signals (L and R) on the same fuse? If they are, then that can't be the problem.

I don't believe that's not totally true. If you disconnect your rear turn signals the fronts just blink a lot faster, but if you disconnect the front turn signals none of them work. Or it could be the other way around...
I would post the diagram so someone could double check that but it's too large of an image. After looking closer you may be right. It appears that the front and rear are wired in two seperate series loops because they do connect to different terminals on the switch.

Antdaddy79 said:
You're going to think I'm crazy but charge the battery and see if the problem goes away. I helped a buddy install his and had the same problem. A week later his battery died and we charged it at the house. Now his signals work all the time.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
K I got it fixed.. It was a loose wire which caused my negative to touch my positive wire.. Surprisingly all the fuses were okay, I just had to redo the wiring. Thought Id post just in case if anyone was wondering, or if any member uses the search feature later on in the future to try to solve the same problem..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts