Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Complete Nursing school school 2 yrs quicker but be away from husband/wife for 2-3 yr

• Yes

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 16 72.7%

• Total voters
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife wants to attend a 2 yr Nursing school in Arizona, reasons are is that her prereqs are done, a little cheaper and hopefully she can get in, in the spring time. Heres the deal, we are married with a 2 yr old son. Would you as a person in a relationship (MARRIED) be willing to let her go for the 2-3 yrs in order to complete a school in which she could complete here (San Diego) but take a little longer here? We have only been married for a little over 2 years. I am active duty Navy and cant move there. If you say yes, please tell me the reasons why, I may see some reasons that I have not thought of..

Thanks guys and gals for the input and taking the time to read this.

Tanner

·
Registered
650 Posts
Nope. Family first. It's not like she can't go to school in SD. What's she gonna do take the kid too?

Hells no. Bad enough if you get a 6mo. plus deployment somewhere. Definitely not good for the kid either.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
being military i would think that you wouldnt have a problem at all with it,

army personnel have been away from their spouses for year after year now.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Why don't she just apply at Southwestern or Grossmont. Both are 2 yr programs. As long as she has all the prereqs done. Being community colleges tuition won't cost that much. Books are a different story.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Additional Info~~ I MAY or MAY NOT be heading off to Afghanistan or Iraq in mid Aug. after that deployment, I will be back on sea duty and will not know the ships deployment schedule until I get there, I could go out again for another 6 immediatly, or it could be another year and a half before I go back out again.

Right now, she is living with her parents in a 2 bedroom home. Both of them work full time.

·
Testicular Fortitude
8,952 Posts
well this is what i had a cheif tell my friend she didnt come in your seabag shipmate. i was like thats fawked up. but man fam comes first too me

·
Registered
2,726 Posts
I voted no. Family first. The whole point of being married is being together, through the good times and bad. It will place a serious strain on your relationship, in my opinion. Ive seen it before, with guys living here in germany and their wives stay in the states. Mind starts playing tricks on you, you get jealous for no reason. It just isn't worth it. Its not like she can't still go to school in CA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts