Premium Member
1,240 Posts
Signed & Donated

Free Mark Levin's "Liberty and Tyranny" with $25+ donation. :thumbup:

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
932 Posts
can someone explain why its a bad thing from a democrats point of veiw? my family has been stuggling to get by. my father may have cancer and we dont know cause we cant afford to spend any money on doctors or we could lose our power or housing.

meanwhile the only reason i have a bike is cause of trading and insurance payouts. my teeth are roting and owe close to 20k in medical bills. im close to selling my pride and joy and losing my home if i dont. if health care was more afdordable i can see it to help my family but as it seems people who see cheap health care as a hole in their pocket for tax payers that actually make plenty of money to get by and then some.

im tired of the greed in this country why should i bother living here if my family is gonna suffer.

explain why this is obamacare could make it worse or better.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
720 Posts
can someone explain why its a bad thing from a democrats point of veiw? my family has been stuggling to get by. my father may have cancer and we dont know cause we cant afford to spend any money on doctors or we could lose our power or housing.

meanwhile the only reason i have a bike is cause of trading and insurance payouts. my teeth are roting and owe close to 20k in medical bills. im close to selling my pride and joy and losing my home if i dont. if health care was more afdordable i can see it to help my family but as it seems people who see cheap health care as a hole in their pocket for tax payers that actually make plenty of money to get by and then some.

im tired of the greed in this country why should i bother living here if my family is gonna suffer.

explain why this is obamacare could make it worse or better.

I'm not gonna cover everything but yes it's affordable, but quality treatment will be much more difficult to find. Do you work full time? 40+hrs a week? A lot of companies are cutting their employees to 30 hrs or less so they don't have to provide healthcare. This means your out those 10+ hrs a week at work, andddd you will still have to pay for healthcare. I feel for your situation but being 100% honest not having affordable healthcare is not a reason that you and your family are having these problems. In fact I can almost promise you that obamacare will make them worse for you guys.

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
I'm not gonna cover everything but yes it's affordable, but quality treatment will be much more difficult to find. Do you work full time? 40+hrs a week? A lot of companies are cutting their employees to 30 hrs or less so they don't have to provide healthcare. This means your out those 10+ hrs a week at work, andddd you will still have to pay for healthcare. I feel for your situation but being 100% honest not having affordable healthcare is not a reason that you and your family are having these problems. In fact I can almost promise you that obamacare will make them worse for you guys.

In addition, the health care field is a major FOR PROFIT field here in the United States. Think about it. If the government sets a price that they will pay health care providers which will be below that it used to be, the quality of your health care will be lowered. Doctors won't care/could mis-diagnose conditions simply because of this. You will get a less personable experience and will most likely have to make multiple visits to get your ailments taken care of

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
The quality healthcare this country has will no longer be around. We will resort to the waiting list game like other countries. Along with other problems. And not to mention people won't want to study to be doctors since their pay will likely go down

·
Premium Member
1,240 Posts
There is NO WAY that something controlled by the government will be more efficient. Quality will suffer. NOTHING is ever free. You pay for it one way or another.

The MAJORITY of the people who want health insurance CAN afford health insurance. Most of the time people who say they can't afford health insurance really can, they just have other priorities they want to put ahead, such as fancy cars, flat screen TVs, and smart phones. Of course there are always exceptions. There currently are government assistant programs to help people in need. Why not expand Medicaid to help more people instead? Why do we have to change THE BEST healthcare in the world for the majority to help the few in need? That is government logic and government efficiency.

·
Premium Member
14,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
haha I'm watching it on C-SPAN2 The Republican Representatives are making a ton of amazing points that their liberal counterparts will dust under the rug

1 - 20 of 102 Posts