Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 600rr and downed it last saturday, their is a single plug unplugged on the left side by the fuse box, can someone tell me what this plug is for and what it goes to? Thank you,

-Spencer.

·
Registered
249 Posts
No dude, I wasn't being sarcastic. I originally posted "possibly to the ignition coil" but then I looked and the ignition coil connectors are white, so I edited my post. My bad. I'll try to look into it a little more.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No worries I didnt see you write that at first, the colors are grey and black and white and black stripe wires. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I am not by my bike to check right now, but it could be a diagnostic plug. It it does need to be plugged in to anything, there really shouldn't be too many options within reach of the plug.

·
Registered
458 Posts
throttle position sensor maybe? dont know what it does exactly but it on the left side of my 05 and is kinda tucked under the frame.....a power commander gets plugged into it inline

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
If I'm right, you mean grey w/black stripe and black w/white stripe. I'm guessing you'r in Cali or have a Cali bike, then it goes to the Purge control soleniod valve.

I don't have a Cali bike, so I don't know where to tell you to start looking for the other connector. I can be Captain Obvious and say, " somewhere within the reach of the wires " The connector you're looking for does have the same color wires. Hope I helped at least a little.

EDIT: TPS has 3 wires.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts