Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i made my appointment for next thursday to finally give my bike the custom tune it so desperately diserves.

From what i've read (almost every single effing post on PAIR) this system needs to be circumvented in order to get accurate A/F ratios during tuning.

Now what i cant find is which hose needs to be plugged?! Is it the two hoses coming out from the top of the motor where the caps over the reeds and baffles are?

I"m about to just order the two block off plates and remove the whole damn thing :banghead: since there is some great write ups on here for that process and it would shave a couple ounces, not that i really care about weight.

Anyway any suggestions? should i just order the block off plates and be done with it? or should i try and figure out which hoses need to be plugged?

Also one more question, with either method i was thinking i was just goign to drive the bike to the dyno would this cause any harm before the dyno tune was completed? I have a truck and its not really an issue to load it up, the dyno is about an hour and a half drive away.

Thanks guys

Nick

·
Registered
216 Posts
Its not hard, there are 2 pair units that have hoses running off them that join together into one hose and run into the airbox, remove those and cap both pair units and the entry into the air box. The other hose is the crank case breather, do not cap that but rather disconnect it and just cap the airbox where it connect. Have that hose leading from the box and that will be called "clean air mod" in case your bike is tipped the oil leaves the bike rather than going back into the airbox and locking up your motor.

Reactions: Drezdun
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.