Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried a search, but it's not working for me. I TRIED! I'm not saying I'm going to necessarily do it, but my question is fairly simple, how exactly do you drill holes in your stock exhaust? And what are the consequences of doing so. I haven't even finished breaking in the motor yet( 06 ). Eventually I'll get a slip on, but I haven't decided what I want yet, still looking, but for now I would like a bit more noise. Any advice would be helpful - for or against, what's the best way? Thanks

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
i drilled 2 in my stock exhaust before i threw my akra on and it really didnt make any more noticeable noise. take the resonators off your intake, and remove the resonators from your airbox too and you'll get a throatier sound.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Just save up for a pipe and a PC. If you drill holes in your pipe and change the pipe's dynamics, your fuelling will be off anyways. IMO you're better off riding stock until you can afford the mods.

·
Registered
140 Posts
it would take alot of holes to make much of a difference. just wait til you can buy a new can.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I cut mine apart and then used a unibit to make 3 1inch holes in the backing then I cut and hollowed out my stock exhaust then re-packed it with muffler packing didnt really make a big difference either way. Actually not even worth the time just get a slip on.

·
Registered
239 Posts
I tried a search, but it's not working for me. I TRIED! I'm not saying I'm going to necessarily do it, but my question is fairly simple, how exactly do you drill holes in your stock exhaust? And what are the consequences of doing so. I haven't even finished breaking in the motor yet( 06 ). Eventually I'll get a slip on, but I haven't decided what I want yet, still looking, but for now I would like a bit more noise. Any advice would be helpful - for or against, what's the best way? Thanks
I did this to my stock exhaust. It's fairly easy. And did make a SLIGHTLY difference in sound. (i bought a jardine 3-4 months later)

Take a flashlight, and look inside the exhaust. About 13 inches in, you will see a "wall". That's what you drill. Go find a 13-14-15 inch drill bit, and start drilling. I created 3-4 .5" holes. It made it sound a little louder.

There's some people that drill from the OUTSIDE of the exhaust. They drill from the bottom. I never understood why people do this when they can just drill from the inside (opening).

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
Just save up for a pipe and a PC. If you drill holes in your pipe and change the pipe's dynamics, your fuelling will be off anyways. IMO you're better off riding stock until you can afford the mods.
+1
Keep it straight stock, you'll enjoy your eventual slip on even more

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just get yourself a long ass drill bit or a steel stake that you can get down your exhaust pipe, then bash, drill, puncture, remove, or whatever that back wall in the muffler that you see when you look down it. This will give you a little bit of sound difference, and don't worry it is not going to affect the performance, not one bit.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Ive seen posts about guys drilling two small holes on the bottom front of the can on the left and right sides. The hole is on the bottom, near the front in that 2 inch spot before the baffles start. Personally, I wouldn't do it though. I'd agree with the others to just leave it till you figure out which one you want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts