• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Poll: Maybe I am an Ass?

Hey is it JUST me or am I the only person that dislikes fake/ even Real Carbon Fiber parts.

Should also add that I get it when it comes to racing.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I voted that "you're an ass." :icon_lol:,
but that's mainly because I've spent a small fortune on CF parts.
BTW your membership to the CFA (Carbon Fiber addicts) has been permanently denied. :icon_pai:

In all honesty, to each their own. Some people love CF, some love chrome, some love the bling, some love the "blacked out" look. As long as your bike looks like it does in your dreams, then I'm happy for you.

·
Premium Member
13,432 Posts
Some CF parts look cool, for example a CF exhaust I think is sexy. I don't like too much CF though.

BTW, it's spelled poll, not pole :01_bitchs

:icon_lol:

·
Registered
550 Posts
Some CF parts look cool, for example a CF exhaust I think is sexy. I don't like too much CF though.

BTW, it's spelled poll, not pole :01_bitchs

:icon_lol:
yeah for an exhaust it is a must. too much carbon fiber is well.....too much, but too much of any good thing is not a good thing

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Carbon fiber to me is purely functional. That is why i like it, paint over it for all i care. As long as the parts are light and strong thats all that matters to me.

·
Hitz eit from z back
5,357 Posts
For me it depends on what it is, I like carbon exhausts, heel guards, sprocket covers, rear hugger and a few other bits and pieces. Things I don't really like are the frame covers, swingarm covers, case covers, and front fenders. Its more of a preference and personal taste thing for me and depends on where the part goes. But other than that carbon fiber is sexy.

·
Registered
171 Posts
it depends...if it flows with the bike and looks good then yes...but all this fake carbon fiber like handles and stick on shat looks like crap. if it has a purpose (weight reduction/heat reduction) and is tastefully done then yea its pimp.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
its gotta be done with taste and moderation.

·
C.F.A. member / whore
1,693 Posts
fake is bad tho haha

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
For me it depends on what it is, I like carbon exhausts, heel guards, sprocket covers, rear hugger and a few other bits and pieces. Things I don't really like are the frame covers, swingarm covers, case covers, and front fenders. Its more of a preference and personal taste thing for me and depends on where the part goes. But other than that carbon fiber is sexy.
+1 Adding covers (frame, case, swingarm, instrument panel) has no function at all, except appearance. It just adds a marginal amount of weight and makes the bike look chintzy. I'm not a big CF fan, but all CF bikes look great. Random parts make little sense.

How much weight does it actually save for various parts - front fender, hugger, heel guards? I can't imagine it's that much, but correct me if I'm wrong.

·
Overpaid South Pacific Barista overactive ADHD c
27,367 Posts
as far as the weight saving .... a little at a time mounts up!!!

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
I like carbon fiber.

But, for me, the key is to accessorize. U know, add bits and pieces here and there.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
i like CF if it replaces an otherwise heavy part with a lighter one.

Agreed, it must be functional. If it sticks on, or covers another part, it's no good. I have to admit though, I've got carbon fiber covers on my case covers, but only because I busted my stator cover, and the replacement I bought on ebay already had cf glued to it, and the guy threw in the matching clutch cover for free. I figured it's a little extra protection for free, however marginal.

·
Registered
132 Posts
just not my style...looks good on exhaust, though..

1 - 20 of 29 Posts