Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, I'm thinking that (in Honda doesn't produce a new gen body in the next 2 year models) that I'll be buying my lifer 600rr within the next year. I've had a scheme in mind that I think would be sick but, don't know HOW illegal it is. I want to take her and go all black and white. What's to be black and what's to be white? That's to be decided RIGHT before said part ends up changing colors....but, the rest would be one simple 6-letter word up the side of the tank and maybe the rear fairing..."police". I would also like to (for show purposes ONLY, because imitating a police officer is a few years behind my maturity level) to eventually add hidden blue strobes on the front and rear, maybe krazy eyes. As far as bike nights, parked in a lot, I believe it would take the show. Is it illegal to represent the word "police" on a vehicle that is not commissioned by a law enforcement agency? Also, thoughts on the scheme???

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

·
Registered
944 Posts
The idea is a sick idea. But I do believe it is illegal to immitate the police in such a manner, and to have it on the streets, driving. However for SHOW purposes, I've seen chargers mustangs camaro's all types of cars immitating a police vehicle. ALSO what Authority wouldn't want to be represented by such a sexy ass piece of machinery!?

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
I dunno about the US, but in AUS, the police would r4pe you for that. That said, I bet it would look awesome.

When I was reading SHAdoh's build thread the other day, I came up with a cool idea for a paint job and it might work well with what you're doing.

On SHAdoh's RR, he has reflective stickers that are only really visible when you use the flash on your camera or have headlights on them.

So, what I was thinking of doing was getting some new fairing, cutting out decals/logos/etc out of the reflective stuff (which ideally is the same colour as my paint scheme), clear coating everything so it still has that nice gloss to it, and then putting them on the bike.

When I imagine what that looks like in my head: in daylight or to the naked eye, all you would see is, say, a black and white bike, with no decals or anything on it. But then when you shine your high beams on in, or take a photo with the flash on, it all lights up and looks gucci sick.

So in your case if you did something similar, that might be one way you could have your 'police' bike, without having to do any jail time for it?

Also, if anyone reading this actually tries this on their bike, PM us some pics so I can see if it's worth doing myself hahaha ;D

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
writing police on your bike may very well be illegal, bu tnothing prevents you from doing it in another language, such as Polizei, or similar. do what the chinese do. they imitate honde and call it homda. write Police but change the l to a capital i PoIice

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Show purposes? Have at it.

But be prepared to use some type of "cover" to hide the words "police" on the bike itself if driven on public roads. Same goes for any blue/red "emergency vehicle" lighting - or you may get the wrong kind of attention and accusations of being a "wannabee." LOL

YMMV

·
Registered
17 Posts
Make it say Polïce lol

just don't make it an "I"make it one of these things ī ï î í ì

haha, then you can say it doesn't say police lol

·
Registered
83 Posts
@GEAUVnavy80 - check out www.classiciron.com and click on the HD section and then the Electra Glide or Road King section - yes, they're all Harleys, but I've known the owner personally for about 15 years now. He buys and resells former police bikes all the time. Some of them still have the police insignias on them, but he removes the department names and replaces the red/blue lights with amber and makes them just run and turn lights. I don't think youd have too much issue with having just "Police" on it, I know for a fact you'd get messed with for the strobes - unless you use them ONLY at a show.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Why? As soon as you roll onto public roads you asking for trouble.

Not being negative here.... You would get caught and charges will be filed, license revoked, time behind bars, and will endure a beefy fine in the 10s of thousands.

All that being said these are actually facts. There have been a few idiots that have done this with there personal transportation. Let's just say the judge did stick it to them.

One person in particular recieved 9months in county, 4yrs suspended L's and 20k worth of legal fines. Not to mention laywer fees and loosing his job. Not sure in Va but its considered a federal offense.

With all this being said carry on! Just dont act surprised when is all said and done.

·
The Real "Rondo"
447 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
I think someone on here had a bike just like that. forget what his name is though. i think he changed the fairings to another color scheme...

·
Registered
349 Posts
I disagree with most of these responses. I believe it could look awesome. I think it is only illegal if you are trying to use it in traffic enforcement or doing actions which would lead somrone to beliece you are actually the police. Example You could not activate the red and blue lights on the street as that would be illegal. But simply riding a bike that says police would be fine and running red and blues while parked at a bike night would be legal as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 20 of 44 Posts