Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a few things from a few people and wanted to discuss something interesting. Can you outrun a police vehicle (Ford Explorer and Taurus) on a stock 600cc? Are police officers allowed to chase you at excessive speeds (120+ mph)? I've been told you need a 1000cc to outrun and some have said 600cc are slow to outrun and police will catch up to you at 140 mph.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Having recently passed the police academy, not yet with a department, I feel I have a little knowledge in this department.

I know I’m not really answering your question; but, it is really gonna depend on the department.

Here in UT, there are many departments that don’t chase unless you’re a known murderer or something pretty bad. Simple speeding, if you take off, many where I’m at won’t try to follow. If they can get your plate, you’re still in trouble. They’ll just wait at your house till you show up.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Having recently passed the police academy, not yet with a department, I feel I have a little knowledge in this department.

I know I’m not really answering your question; but, it is really gonna depend on the department.

Here in UT, there are many departments that don’t chase unless you’re a known murderer or something pretty bad. Simple speeding, if you take off, many where I’m at won’t try to follow. If they can get your plate, you’re still in trouble. They’ll just wait at your house till you show up.
Is it also true that if a biker runs and cop chases him for like a few minutes and catches up to him will the cop get a reward for it? In addition like an incentive, rank up, stuff like that?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Is it also true that if a biker runs and cop chases him for like a few minutes and catches up to him will the cop get a reward for it? In addition like an incentive, rank up, stuff like that?
I can’t speak to everyone but I’d expect the opposite. Putting civilians at risk, high speeds through city and residential streets to catch a dude who was what.... speeding?

Is the juice worth the squeeze? The risk far outweighs the reward. Many agencies I’d suspect would be worried about bad press and liabilities of an office who is willing to break policy just to chase a speeder.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i outrun police weekly..... its easy
Enlighten me a little. A lot of people say it's really hard to outrun on a 600cc unless you are a really skilled rider. When I mean skilled I mean dragging knee, weaving in and out of traffic, know how to avoid traffic and all that.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Enlighten me a little. A lot of people say it's really hard to outrun on a 600cc unless you are a really skilled rider. When I mean skilled I mean dragging knee, weaving in and out of traffic, know how to avoid traffic and all that.
i wouldnt say i drag knee but i have a video of me running once on youtube, and a video of me taking the highway at 150+ will do

if you want ill dig up the unedited video but this should give you a good idea

·
Registered
16 Posts
my gopro broke so now i still run but no video, i had my civil liberties violated by the local police so i dont stop for them

1 - 8 of 8 Posts