• Get a VFR, it's more suited to what/how I ride

Votes: 6 21.4%

• Total voters
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I crashed recently http://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=109807 and I just got informed by the insurance adjuster that my bike is totaled. Thing is, I'm not sure what to do at this point. I won't be able to ride for a while yet, and it will be close to storage time here in New Hampshire soon after. Should I just hold off for a 2009? The other side of the coin is I'm not sure I really want another CBR. I've been looking at the VFR's. The RR was great and I loved it, but I like to do long distance stuff and I commute. Seems the VFR might be more suited? I'm not sure how to play this so any input would be helpful.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
get whatever style of bike suits your style/type of riding. if you like touring and commuting, the VFR is the bike. if you're planning to do trackdays and drag knee in the canyons- it's not.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
get whatever style of bike suits your style/type of riding. if you like touring and commuting, the VFR is the bike. if you're planning to do trackdays and drag knee in the canyons- it's not.
while its not an RR,youd be suprized what a vfr can do, i dont know about track days but you can tilt the shyt out of a vfr plus more usable torque and alot more cumfy! :cruising:

·
Registered
393 Posts
The VFR is a very capable bike. Much better for long rides and commutes and can still carve up the canyons.

I've had a friend who went to CLASS @ Laguna Seca a few years ago with Reg Pridmore teaching. He was taken 2-up by Reg around the track and was passing wannabe racers on the oustide... all on a VFR.

·
Registered
39 Posts
how about move south for an option???
HAHA Cause Jerzey is so much safer for Riders! LOL
I live in NJ and used to live in NH and I would take the shorter Summer riding season and beautiful scenery in NH any day over the Crammed Highways and Urban Sprawl of NJ that i now call home.
If you mean South by Moving to Say Savannah Georgia or something then Maybe you got a Point!

Heal up and come back With a new respect for Evil Cagers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts