Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Which dash do you race with?

• Stock

Votes: 22 95.7%
  • Aftermarket

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stock, but would change for trick carbon stuff :)

Votes: 1 4.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm starting to produce a few carbon parts and the first one on deck is the upper fairing bracket for the 600rr. The data I need pertains to how many of you use a stock tach / speedo vs. how many use an aftermarket tach. The design of the stocker complicates the mold tremendously so I don't want to waste time if there aren't very many with the stock one. Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I use stock.

I'd love to have a trick dash, but it doesn't make the bike any faster, and I've got to draw the financial line somewhere.

·
Premium Member
696 Posts
yep stocker
I haven't seen too many people not using stock dash, most I've seen that have a veypor or somethings similar use it in addition to the stock one

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Stock. And I don't know of any other local RR racer that uses an aftermarket. (Used stock gauges are available for around $150, do the job, and plug right in to the existing harness; whereas most aftermarket tachs start at around $300, and would need to be hardwired to a coil signal.)

I have a MyChron 3 Gold data acquisition system (which includes speedometer, tachometer, lap timer, 4 temp/pressure inputs, and available gyro for generating track maps), but it's on my SV650. It's trick, but overkill. (Retails for around $700 new.)

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
quasi888 said:
Stock. And I don't know of any other local RR racer that uses an aftermarket. (Used stock gauges are available for around $150, do the job, and plug right in to the existing harness; whereas most aftermarket tachs start at around $300, and would need to be hardwired to a coil signal.)QUOTE]

Yeah I did a little research and seems the stock unit is a little cheaper and a whole lot easier. Plus I like having the gas gauge

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was afraid of this... time to start working on a mold for the stocker.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Stock for me too!

·
Superbike racer
6,177 Posts
i use a graves upper fairing bracket with stock dash. The graves bracket can be bent back after a crash (yes I know this 1st hand)

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BigTuna said:
i use a graves upper fairing bracket with stock dash. The graves bracket can be bent back after a crash (yes I know this 1st hand)
I destroyed mine completely (vortex). My thinking was offering a replacement bracket (for racers that run stickers) at 50-60% off retail. Just return the original piece with the serial and get a new one for something close to cost. I've also toyed with the idea of intentionally weakining the ear pieces and making THOSE replaceable. In the long run I think they will end up being better for street guys who want to look trick, but I think I can make it work for the racer on a budget too.

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
Keep us posted. I just bought a pair of OEM brackets and hope not to need the spare one, but you never know.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts