Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well my deals gap trip was very short lived, 2nd trip through and BAM down she goes, i was coming around shadtree corner traveling southbound, and once i got around the blind corner leading to shadtree, i saw a bike and person as i was looking through the corner, my mind immediately thought they were in my lane coming towards me and i fixated on that and the next second i was in the grass, i rode the back brake out as long as i could and then the front washed, my vortex rearset dug through and caught a tree root and stopped the bike. I'm ok as is my $80k+ surgically repaired ankle that has just started healing :cussing: the bike is pretty decent except for one minor set back (potential to total the bike completely) I landed directly on my head and did a somersault and landed in the indian style position, i jumped up and immediatly checked out my leg and then once i saw that was fine my buddy and i picked the bike up. My helmet will need to be replaced, and my leathers have a few scuffs, but the boots and gloves are fine. here are the pics
1st one: not too bad right??

2nd one: ahh still not too bad

3rd one: ahh FML!!!

here is the spot & 3 ft from where i'm standing is the 10-20ft drop off down the mountain :eek: (like them shorts don't ya)

and the tree root:

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
wow thank god for that tree root!

Glad your ok man..

I have a pretty sneaky suspicion that your snapped off rearset mounts will = writeoff :/

·
Registered
783 Posts
Uh-oh. Busted frame...
Yep, insurance company is likely to total that out.
Glad you made it out ok.
GL with the insurance.

Edit: Shorts are pimpin!:toothy4:

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm hoping not, to total it, it should take $5k or more damage and then thats the 70% value of the bike (kbb is $7300) but thats if i have a shop do it, i can do all the work myself also, so that would eliminate a sh!t ton of the labor costs. I'll know more tomorrow once i call them & find out what i should do, i looked up the price of a frame on ronayers.com and their only $1100 on there so who knows, i think the total cost of all the big parts was just over $2k (thats new prices), so if they charge me more than $2k labor thad be fugged up, i'd rather them not total it, but if so there will be some aftermarket parts for sale, because their not keeping all the stuff i put on there.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea i went to pick it up to see if it was rideable for the rest of the day and about **** when i saw the fuggin mount points were snapped, i found one piece of the frame in the dirt along w/ a bolt lol

·
Registered
139 Posts
crazy glue them back on! but seriously that blows! at least your ok and in one piece. And i totally agree with you its retarded for them to total it just for that. I remember when i was on the R6 forums that the insurance company tried to take some guys bike because it was totalled. In the end he was able to keep it and converted it to a track bike. So see what you can negotiate you can probably get some cash and keep the bike... the insurance cant take something away from you that you own.

·
Registered
8,768 Posts
while the frame is less than it would normally take to total out a bike, generally speaking, much in the same with cars, effed up frame == we arnt paying to fix it, get a new one.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
while the frame is less than it would normally take to total out a bike, generally speaking, much in the same with cars, effed up frame == we arnt paying to fix it, get a new one.
yea i know, i just tell them, you total it you don't get my money any longer, and same thing i'll tell who ever i ask to fix it, although i'd rather do it myself

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
try to get a good metal worker to weld it back on for you. the bike doesnt look too bad otherwise.
its really not that bad, minus the rearset mounts, its all cosmetic minus the upper fairing stay. the tail didn't get touched nor did the tank skin, hell the clip ons didn't even bend or break and the triple is straight as can be, you look at it from the right and the bike is mint LOL :toothy4:

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
shift levers and pegs are over-rated
Werd...

Yeah I just went down a week ago. I've got the same bike as you though I guess I know how to crash better. lol j/k

I broke the same stuff on the upper fairing but I went down on the right side, not left. First thing I thought about when walking up to the bike was wondering if my rear set was still there. IT WAS !!! HAHAHA!

Sorry you went down man. Tony the tiger plastics are expensive.

EDIT: How didn't your tail get rashed? You suck. That's the one part I'm pissed about getting messed up.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Werd...

Yeah I just went down a week ago. I've got the same bike as you though I guess I know how to crash better. lol j/k

I broke the same stuff on the upper fairing but I went down on the right side, not left. First thing I thought about when walking up to the bike was wondering if my rear set was still there. IT WAS !!! HAHAHA!

Sorry you went down man. Tony the tiger plastics are expensive.

EDIT: How didn't your tail get rashed? You suck. That's the one part I'm pissed about getting messed up.
lol i have no idea how the tail didn't get it, i wondered the same, luckily i only need the upper and upper-mid & the rest are common, i actually talked to a guy at the gap that said he had some mint silver mids that he'd sell me so i may buy them

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
lol i have no idea how the tail didn't get it, i wondered the same, luckily i only need the upper and upper-mid & the rest are common, i actually talked to a guy at the gap that said he had some mint silver mids that he'd sell me so i may buy them
nice man. I had my mids custom painted orange (your silver mids), I can't believe they didn't get rashed AT ALL. Very happy about that.

Good luck with the upper, retail is $268, ******** if you ask me. I'm lookin for a used upper. Let me know if you find some deals on uppers.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
nice man. I had my mids custom painted orange (your silver mids), I can't believe they didn't get rashed AT ALL. Very happy about that.

Good luck with the upper, retail is $268, ******** if you ask me. I'm lookin for a used upper. Let me know if you find some deals on uppers.
i have a few honda hook ups, so if i end up doing the work myself i'll be using their services for a couple thou in parts :toothy4: i may get the silvers blacked and the lower's orange

1 - 20 of 71 Posts