Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
Interesting...

:popcorn:

It's more of an air/fuel issue than an exhaust one. You could get a power commander and muck about with it some; making your bike horrendously rich and causing the unburnt fuel to ignite in your exhaust. IMO, it's better to have the correct a/f ratio, rather than trying to obtain a cool sound at the expense of your bike's performance, fuel economy and health.

My bike pops currently, because it's running a little rich. That's something I'm going to get fixed with a custom map though...

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Interesting...

:popcorn:

It's more of an air/fuel issue than an exhaust one. You could get a power commander and muck about with it some; making your bike horrendously rich and causing the unburnt fuel to ignite in your exhaust. IMO, it's better to have the correct a/f ratio, rather than trying to obtain a cool sound at the expense of your bike's performance, fuel economy and health.

My bike pops currently, because it's running a little rich. That's something I'm going to get fixed with a custom map though...
yup, and if you ask me, when he was revving that car it sounding like ****!

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
id prefer to NOT be running like that. un burnt fuel is igniting in the exhaust system. and unburnt fuel is less power.

·
Premium Member
4,827 Posts
you could always go buy 2 metal garbage cans and just drag those behind you, would at least keep your internals clean, hahahahah,

that sounds like godzilla farting,

·
Registered
4,187 Posts
you could always go buy 2 metal garbage cans and just drag those behind you, would at least keep your internals clean, hahahahah,

that sounds like godzilla farting,

LOOOOK is gooozilla!!!! me mussss waarn the professsoorr!!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
alot of tuners/dyno techs prefer tune out the popping when off throttle...

i forget if popping is from running too lean or too rich..
i think popping and flames too lean.. and black smoke is too rich...

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Ooo i gotta watch this once im out of class

S

·
0 Posts
Yuppers, tool shack for sure. Hes also missing one fog light.....ummmm REALLY?? I've heard a better set up on lawnmower's.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
That sounds sexy, if your into the.whole necrophelia thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts