Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
made a dumb last second decision to make a left hand turn, and when i realized i wouldnt make the turn instinctively turned forward, hit the brakes popped the curb and fell over on grass...embarrasing

no damage but right before the curb where i popped it there was about 200ml of liquid and i think some was dripping off the bike.. it seems to run fine, its not oil but i suspect coolant maybe? anyone the wiser???

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it wasnt gas or there would be a whole lot more and it wouldnt have stopped leaking...i assume its coolant, after i did the old damage check i just wanted to get out of there, i should have checked it out more...

How can i check the coolant on the bike?
ps.. i started it up and left it idle to see if it heats like crazy..seems normal

·
Registered
685 Posts
yeah might be from the plastic resorvoir on the right side of the bike down low, take off just the lowers to check. its that annoying thing in the way of the filter when you change the oil. xD

·
Registered
7,219 Posts
had a similar story.
was on an unfamiliar on-ramp to the freeway near downtown houston.
decreasing radius turn plus some gravel on the road really gave me a scare!

i knew i wasnt going to make it too so i stood it up at the last minute and hit the brakes to scrub as much speed as possible, at the last moment i let off of the brakes to try and give the suspension some travel room to come over the curb.

thankfully i managed to stay up and ride on out of it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nice..i tried to get my foot down but it was too uneven..so i slowly went down haha..

checked the coolant..its right above lower line so it wasnt coolant. its not brake fliud and im pretty sure it came from my bike..anyone have any ideas what else it could be??? maybe coolant leaks out when the bikes laying flat?

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
You can check the coolant by......opening the radiator cap and looking in it? Try filling it with distilled water so you know it is full and then check it later to see if it dropped.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.