Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Had a quick question for ya. I've had my bike parked for about a week or so while I was waiting on my chain and sprocket change. (royal pain in the a$$, but that's another story) Well anyway I finally get everything on, stupidly while I was working on the front sprocket, I disconnected one of the big main coolant lines. Well long story short I spilled a lot of coolant everywhere... I cleaned up and finished the install and went to do a coolant flush, but when I tried to start the bike up to pull the fluid through. The bike suddenly made a loud popping sound (sounded electrical) and then the bike was just dead, the headlights are off, but the front turn signals work... I don't know if the rears work I didn't check yet. It won't turn over, and the dash is blank no lights or anything... I don't remember if the fuel pump was turning over...

Well anyways I plan on checking the fuses and the batt when I get home, and I'll go from there. I was curious is if anyone had an idea what I might have done. Did the coolant maybe go somewhere it shouldn't have? I don't have the chance to look at it till tomorrow, but any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Justin

D

·
0 Posts
Check the fuses and any electrical wires in the area you were working.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well after checking everything, none of the fuses were bad, and no electrical got wet. So I decided to try and charge the batt, and it worked. So i decided to go get the batt load tested and make sure it's all ok.

And thanks demented for the quick response

1 - 3 of 3 Posts