Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the bike out on the hyw never going about 100km and sometimes I would get a poping sound...its pretty loud. Anyone know what that is ?

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
Most street bikes run very lean at steady throttle settings. You may have been hearing a lean condition popping thru the airbox. I could hear it on mine when I was going below 30mph. I couldn`t hear it as wind noise increased, plus the slipon kinda drowned it out.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright that sounds right....does it do any damage? Or just don't worry about it. Mine is a stock bike.

thanks mtc

·
Registered
494 Posts
Can you be more specific on the noise? If it sounds kind of "blubby" for lack of a better word while holding it at that speed, that's normal. The ol' 6000 rpm chatter.

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
skittles said:
alright that sounds right....does it do any damage? Or just don't worry about it. Mine is a stock bike.

thanks mtc
No, it wont do any damage. If the bike ran that lean ALL the time that wouldn`t be good but as soon as you crack the throttle the fuel/air ratio becomes much more rich. No worries.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Does it do it when you are decelling? Too much vapors could be your problem. Nothing to worry about if it is though

1 - 6 of 6 Posts