Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I commute with my bike to work a lot and there isn't a lot of shade where I park it and wanted to know of any good portable bike covers people may know of to use 8 hours per day or so? I park my bike inside my garage at home but at work it is just a parking lot. Any links to the websites and reviews if you have used them personally would be great! Looking for ones that fold up nice and tight to fit inside my back pack I use everyday. Thanks!

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok...so anyone else have any USEFUL info here. I've seen the cheap brands on ebay but kind of skeptical on those. Those who have actual long term experience with these and uses them on an everyday basis that can chime in would be great.

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I use my Dowco Guardian every day. Great cover. After 2 years it is showing some wear, but I dont treat it all the nicely. I am forced to park her outside. When I am riding it stayed locked up to the stable I have here. It comes with a little travel pouch to bring it around or to keep water off of it while rolled up.

Your best bet would be to buy one, keep it locked up to something at work in the parking lot. When you get to work youll have a cover and a lock waiting for you.

·
Registered
263 Posts
I commute with my bike to work a lot and there isn't a lot of shade where I park it and wanted to know of any good portable bike covers people may know of to use 8 hours per day or so? I park my bike inside my garage at home but at work it is just a parking lot. Any links to the websites and reviews if you have used them personally would be great! Looking for ones that fold up nice and tight to fit inside my back pack I use everyday. Thanks!
I got one at walmart for $19.00 and keep in my desk at work. Works perfect. Keeps dirt & sun off.. all i was looking for..

·
Registered
573 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
will look for that one at walmart thanks for the suggestion. thats a good idea, will just keep it at my desk permanently so I won't have to keep bringing it back and forth. it is already a tight fit in my back pack with my lunch and other crap i bring to work everyday.

·
Registered
263 Posts
will look for that one at walmart thanks for the suggestion. thats a good idea, will just keep it at my desk permanently so I won't have to keep bringing it back and forth. it is already a tight fit in my back pack with my lunch and other crap i bring to work everyday.
exactly, they are over in the car parts area. mine is a large. Little big but has clips on ends so it stays on bike and does the JOB. gl.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Nelson Rigg makes a "portable" cover. I have one and it works pretty good. Its somewhat thin but does the job. It comes with a drawstring bag and compresses pretty small to fit in a backpack reasonably well.

They must not make it anymore because I can't find it online anywhere. but thier UV 2000 half cover does come in a fannypack that is very compact.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts