Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
fall down 7times get up 8
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

this is from the 600 supersport class the lead pack then everyone following into t2 & t3

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

exiting onto front straight

nice duke

all around fast guy chris ancien

ama racer k.c. clarke

1098 aRggh

wheelie for safety once you've won your class

older rr

these guys were running VERY fast laps

nice form

hope you guys enjoyed todays pictures

http://s293.photobucket.com/albums/m...oto/?start=144
(link to rest of album which goes a far back as the first 10 pages or so)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
nice im from portland also. cant wait to get the rest of my gear and go to a track day at pir looks like a ton of fun!

·
Registered
702 Posts
Nice pics. I like how the ones up top look all hazy and mystical... was that photochopped, or was there heat rising off the tarmac, or what?

·
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
thanks for the props :icon_lol:

nice im from portland also. cant wait to get the rest of my gear and go to a track day at pir looks like a ton of fun!
right on!!! w/the resurface the track is much safer than before. (track was like polished rock in allot of places making it SLICK) frank thomas makes some pretty reasonably priced gear or check out local craigslist in pdx
http://sportbikes.ws/forumdisplay.php?f=34
^there is some gear for sale on the local sportbikes.ws forum too

Nice pics. I like how the ones up top look all hazy and mystical... was that photochopped, or was there heat rising off the tarmac, or what?
i NEVER photoshop my images. i'm originally a 'film' photographer, like allot of folks. i attempt to crop the image as it's being captured & use filteration to get the colors or results i'm seeking. these were all captured w/a circular polarizer & an 81A warming filter. the haze is likely caused by a few different things. one being the reflection of heat off the tarmac. images are a bit soft cause it's @ the longest lens length w/@ 1.4x converter on a 200mm lens & was shooting freehand. ie. not using a monopod or anything of the sort. that would of likely yeilded sharper results. the file sizes are also not very large. i'm gonna say most of the fuzziness is lack of steady hands over a long distance causing distortion. oh?? just noticed the trees too, there was also light wind, which would help the background blur. some of these were shot @ wide open aperture, which will blur the background as well. the ones where the plane of focus is narrow are mostly shot wide open

my images are to help the riders see what they need to work on & to help me learn where the braking points of the faster riders & also when they get back on the gas in each turn. if you look @ the first page you can see allot of the riders setting up, braking, for nine, where they release, & where they're picking up the throttle...........:five: it's a fun tool to use for research:toothy4:

·
Registered
17 Posts
The guy on the 999R rides that thing on the street. It must be rough to be too poor to have to use your Ducati racer for a street bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts