Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since buying my RR I have had numerous people ask me to ride wheelies for them. I had one guy tell me i am a poser because I wear all of the gear but I would not do a wheelie for him, I have also had two other guys tell me to ride a wheelie and when i say no I get the ooh I could do it I can ride a wheelie from here to Korea. Now I would not get to angry except I dont like being callled a poser, and two these people get mad when you wont do it. So I ask whats up with that, or am I just a poser. Im not a monkey that is going to dance for you. I dont get it

·
Registered
5,131 Posts
sometimes you can catch them being posers themselves. if you start talking to them, ask em something only a real rider would know, make up fake parts and see if they have them installed, etc...then call the bitch out

·
Registered
247 Posts
Point to other side of the street with a concerned look as if you see a cop. If that doesn't work - Tell them that you will gladly wheelie for them if they pick up the tab on all your other stunt tickets.
otherwise F'em

·
Registered
286 Posts
Alxandrthegr8 said:
Since buying my RR I have had numerous people ask me to ride wheelies for them. I had one guy tell me i am a poser because I wear all of the gear but I would not do a wheelie for him, I have also had two other guys tell me to ride a wheelie and when i say no I get the ooh I could do it I can ride a wheelie from here to Korea. Now I would not get to angry except I dont like being callled a poser, and two these people get mad when you wont do it. So I ask whats up with that, or am I just a poser. Im not a monkey that is going to dance for you. I dont get it
You're not a poser! I can speak for pretty much all of us in this site. When you ride, there's usually someone who'll ask or ive you a sign to do a wheelie or an endo.

I've been riding since 97' and I'm passed that stunting phase. Ever since the track, I generally don't like riding on the street because it's just not as enjoyable.

I just pretty much ignore most people who ask or throw a sign to wheelie. I even ignore cars or other bikers who wanna race. Deep down I know what I'm capable of. And I know I can burn most of these riders, drivers, or pedestrians if I really wanted to. Even if you're not as confident w/ your riding capabilities, keep in mind that your confident that you are a real rider. Someone who wears the proper gear and respects the sport.

Posers?!?...You'll know em' when you see em'. Just because you can stunt, It doesn't make you a biker or a REAL rider. It's beyond that. Being a REAL rider is a way of life! I'm sure most will agree. Peace!...O

·
Registered
932 Posts
I usually fill my race/track bike with gas the day before a track day. At the local BP, there are always biker boyz and torque wanna be's. First thing they they do is give me the wheelie sign. When I tell them I can't do a wheelie (I really can't) they dismiss me as someone who can't ride and that my bike is wasted on me. Once, I put on a brand new set of Dunlop GPs on the bike before a track day, drove about 200 yards to the BP, and some guy was actually giving me advice on how to get rid of my chicken strips as he thought they had been on the bike for some time. He said it would make me look more legit. I didn't get mad, I just played along and inserted phrases like, "you mean you can go to the edge of the tire without tipping over?!?!" and "I don't think I could do that. That's crazy".

And that is from "fellow" riders.

Screw 'em!

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
omarvelous1025 said:
You're not a poser! I can speak for pretty much all of us in this site. When you ride, there's usually someone who'll ask or ive you a sign to do a wheelie or an endo.

I've been riding since 97' and I'm passed that stunting phase. Ever since the track, I generally don't like riding on the street because it's just not as enjoyable.

I just pretty much ignore most people who ask or throw a sign to wheelie. I even ignore cars or other bikers who wanna race. Deep down I know what I'm capable of. And I know I can burn most of these riders, drivers, or pedestrians if I really wanted to. Even if you're not as confident w/ your riding capabilities, keep in mind that your confident that you are a real rider. Someone who wears the proper gear and respects the sport.

Posers?!?...You'll know em' when you see em'. Just because you can stunt, It doesn't make you a biker or a REAL rider. It's beyond that. Being a REAL rider is a way of life! I'm sure most will agree. Peace!...O
+1 very well said. I haven't been riding all that long, but agree with everything said here. Just make light of the situation and get POSER embroidered on the back of your jacket.

·
Registered
769 Posts
When I've said that I won't pull a wheelie for people I've had them tell me "I could do a wheelie, let me try it on your bike..." when it's obvious they've never been on a sport bike in their life. Yeah, write me a check for $15,000 to cover my bike, the inconvenience of getting it fixed, plus a hefty "you're a dumbass fee for wrecking my bike" fee, and then I'll let you give it a try.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The first guy that said then proceeded to tell me "I bet you cant even ride over that hill" it was a 15 foot pile of loose dirt. I was just like No no I cant ride over that hill.
THanks guys its nice to know Im not the only one that has to deal with these Knuckle heads.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I get that all the time. I only oblige if its safe, and that is pretty rare since most of the time its on the highway and highways around here aren't smooth enough in most places. You have your reasons and they are jealous or something. Besides, you look cooler!

X

·
0 Posts
Last night i was on the stirp (las vegas) and a couple of guys told me to do a wheelie (I didn't even have my bike i was sitting on my buddies) when i told him no he called me a lil' bitch, I don't like being called a bitch, let alone a lil' bitch. I was temped to fight but I let him go.

·
Registered
296 Posts
You're gonna pass these people on the road and never see them again. So who cares what they think of you ?
You're on a bike ! So how are you posing, but not stunting ?

When someone asks me I give them a response I read on this board...."Sure, give me the keys to your bike and I'll pull it up."

That usually ends all conversation.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
yeah to hell with them, pull it up when you feel like doing it for fun, and let those morons crash to an early problem

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
usmcr6 said:
sometimes you can catch them being posers themselves. if you start talking to them, ask em something only a real rider would know, make up fake parts and see if they have them installed, etc...then call the bitch out

Hahaha, that happens wayyyy to much, especially at parties!

I'll roll up to parties on my bike and like, EVERY person there is like 'oh yeah man... I used to have a gixxer r6! yeah!'

Hahaha, I feel bad catching people being stupid liars, so I just say 'yeaaah, thats cool' and just ignore them, lol.

As for doing wheelies for ppl.... yeah, I do it all the time! its what gets teh ladddies! :D hahahaha.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts