Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whts up guys.
While browsing cycletrader.com I cama cross this wonderful RR.
http://adcache.cycletrader.com/5/2/0/61232820.htm
Just what Im looking for, and in my price range.
THe only problem is, shes in kentucky.
ANyways, I figure id email the guy, after all, what've I got to lose??
His asking price is $7000. So I email him that if he can do $7000 shipped to my door, and he says yes???? That was to easy feeling.

Anyone want to offer their input? OR Anyone in KY wanna take a look at her in person? Talk to you later.

Ray

·
Registered
230 Posts
Sounds legit to me. Its coming from a dealer and not a private party which makes it a little better. I dont know anything about purchasing bikes from CycleTrader, but I do know first hand about selling a bike on there and there is alot of scams to watch out for. Just take all precautions. Maybe call him and talk directly to him. Good Luck and nice bike.

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
I wouldn't be afraid to buy that bike...

C

·
0 Posts
Damn! Sweet price. Only 1026 miles. You gotta go for that!! It has been broken in for you and everything.

L

·
0 Posts
i would never buy a used bike from someone i did not know personally. seen too much ******** and too many people dicked over. i would just pay the extra grand or two and get a new one (OTD).

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
sp's RR said:
Hey E how did you get that big right arm ?
ahhh...aahhh...aahhh....I'm an arm wrestler.....yeah,.thats' it

·
Registered
52 Posts
i know where u can get new RRs for $6000 but they have some cosmetic damage

send me a message if you are interested :mrgreen:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the input guys...

I know that there are going to be "unknowns" when buying anything used, but with only 1xxx miles, I know that if it was treated improperly, it wasnt done for THAT long.... The guy has been really quick with replies, and is eager to deal (of course), he is encouraging me to call him on his cell because he has left the shop etc. etc. so he hasnt shown any shady behaviors.
Im gonna go with it. Monday im going to the bank.

Thanks for the input guys, I am so eager to join the ranks of the RR Owner club :)
Another good thing about that bike and its price is it gives me enough $$ left over to buy a good helmet.

ghostcri- im not sure.I initially emailed him hoping to find out that the bike was still in FL, but its not.
bgons- i appreciate the offer, but id like as little cosmetic damage as possible :)

As far as shipping goes, what do you guys recommend I do? Should I get insurance before hand? Itd be great if she arrived unscarred, but in know sh|t happens....

Im gonna post on some boards to see if anyone lives near this place, ill flow em a few bucks if they take a look at it in person. Thanks so much guys!

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
FL Tax

I talked to John, the seller of the bike today.
Hes a cool guy to talk to, very nice.
The thing is though, the bike is $7000, THEN he informed me of having to pay FL taxes.... which at 6.5% brings the total price to just under $7500...
whic is only $500 more, but I was under the impression that the deal was sealed @ $7000. So far, im still going through with the purchase....
There is another bike, same year/color with twice the miles in state- a few hours away. THey are asking $7150, im going to call and see if they can do $7000 OTD, and if so....its a better deal than the previous.

sorry for the psycho babble, this is a big purchase and I want to do it right.

~Ray

**EDIT**- Just talked to John again, I emailed him about trying to slim down costs, and this was his solution:
Charge me $3000 for the bike, and $4000 for shipping: therefore i pay tax on only $3000 :)

This bike is mine.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts