Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not too sure if this is an issue but figured I would post to see if anyone else is having a problem... I have had my power commander on for a few months now and haven't really noticed a difference while it has been on. I have the correct map on it and to my knowledge I have it installed correctly. My only concern is when I go down hills my power delivery isn't consistent. It acts like I give it throttle and the immediately let off again. Its just really quick jerks. Does anyone else have this problem or know what may be causing it? Also I posted earlier I am not sure what the status light is for on the PCV but mine is not on and have been told by one other forum member that his isn't on either. The only time it comes on is when I go to turn my bike on its blinks really fast 3 times. Any input would be greatly appreiciated. Thanks

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what yr and do you have an IRC on it?

I have had a problem w/somewhat same symptoms

09 pcv/irc

does MIL light come on?
Yep 09 with pcv but no IRC and no on the MIL light... did you get it fixed? its driving me nuts. I was thinking about it though. The power commander doesn't know when you are going down hill which leads me to believe it could be the drivetrain. I also have an 07 and when I let off the throttle the engine does not break nearly as hard as my 09 and doesn't have the down hill problem either. Just feels a ton smoother all around

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
still working on this....search for "Daughter killed TPS"

i have rev hang and if i ride steady rpm for a while and then close throttle,
motor will stumble slightly.also when at full open and roll off.

talked wDJ (Jay x1112)about this and he suggested running pcv w/IRC taken out of loop.

try checking alll connections where pcv hooks up to stock connectors
(means pull off all cowlings..........!)
have not had time to investigate further,crushed by work and family responsibilities right now.

keep posting please

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still working on this....search for "Daughter killed TPS"

i have rev hang and if i ride steady rpm for a while and then close throttle,
motor will stumble slightly.also when at full open and roll off.

talked wDJ (Jay x1112)about this and he suggested running pcv w/IRC taken out of loop.

try checking alll connections where pcv hooks up to stock connectors
(means pull off all cowlings..........!)
have not had time to investigate further,crushed by work and family responsibilities right now.

keep posting please
Will do bro... I just checked all my injectors last night and they seemed fine. I am wondering if the main fuel line could be an issue also. Not sure what it is exactly but I am determined to find out lol.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey bro... I just fixed my problem. So I decided to take a closer look at my throttle cables and it turns out the bottom one was off the edge of the plastic. I didnt think this was an issue before because it still twisted and sprung back like normal. You may want to have a look at yours too. check and make sure the 2 barrels are seated correctly and you dont have too much slack coming from the cables. Hope everything works out for you man. You just have to be patient and you will figure it out. I was trying to figure mine out for a good couple of months and it turns out it was only a 5 minute fix. Good luck and take care

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
took tube apart and lubed all,as soon as i had prob.

w/ my old carbed bikes had probs and this helped/solved issue.

will remove IRC from loop and try it per DJ tech service advice from Jay @ ext 1112.

thanks for the info!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts