Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Possible reason for bike not accelerating like it use to after riding in the rain

867 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  jawsolsen333 
#1 ·
I have a 2008, and I road in a downpour last season, and the next few times I rode after that, I noticed that my bike didn't seem to have that "pull" like it use to. Idk if the rain has anything to do with it, or its all in my head, or what. I've my bike for about 5 or 6 years, only 8k miles on her, so I'm not sure if I just "got use to it" all of a sudden. The bike started and ran fine, but it felt like it was down on power, I found myself giving more throttle towards the top of first to try and feel that "umph" feeling from the torque, but it was more tamer than usual. Is it all in my head, or could there be something wrong with the bike? I've since then, gotten new gas, replaced the air filter, and it felt the same the last time I rode it. Could there be anything wrong with it affecting the acceleration?

#3 ·
I was hoping that was the case, just strange I all of a sudden seem to notice a difference after all these years of owning the bike

#5 ·
like a kinked hose from the bottom of the tank?

#7 ·
I had a kinked hose before and i noticed it due to pressure being released when I would open my fuel cap. As far as I know, nothing is kinked, but I'll double check

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.