Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been contemplating selling my stock yellow plastics, but I don't know how much to sell them for. Like other people on here I would like to use the money to get a complete set of street sharkskinz and hopefully have enought left over to upgrade my brakes with new lines and pads and maybe some CRG shorties. And I'm not just getting sharkskinz just to have them for the street. I will finally doing track days next year and it will just be easier to replace when I go down, Obviously.

SHORTER VERSION

How much can I get for stock plastic (full set)?

Sorry Mods didn't know where to put this one.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
id say figure out the minimum you'd take to be able to do the other things you want to do, and put em on ebay at that price w/no reserve.....the market will determine what they're worth.....supply and demand baby!

·
Registered
8,498 Posts
do a search man in the for sale section. Lots and lots of plastic's have been sold on here.

But I've seen people with clean plastics selling the whole set for anywhere from $800-$1300

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
That's exactly what I did. I kept the tail section and sold the rest of the plastics. I got about $1100 selling on ebay. Don't count on extra mods, unless you're painting the skinz yourself. Its a break-even proposition at best if you're getting them painted, with the benefits of easier repair and easier bodywork on/off for maintenance, etc. If you're painting yourself, you probably can do the mods as well.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I MAY be interested in buying the complete set. I might be looking to do a Ten Kate WSS replica bike. BTW, I'm from just outside of West Chester, PA, so I could pick them up. Let me know exactly how much you would like to get for them (the lowest price you'd be willing to sell them for). Like I said, I'm not positive if I am going to buy them, but shoot me the price and I'll consider.[/b]

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
stuartwesterman, the benefits or the reason I want to get them is that If I lowside at the track, it will be easier and quicker to get a replacment, and also cheaper since I'm going to paint it myself. I'm sure of how much OEM plastics are from the dealer but I know its a good bit of money compared to the aftermarket.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
600RR_NM, I'm not really sure what kind of scheme I want to go with but I had a crazy idea. since the bike already looks like a wasp or killer bee I think it could look good with the tail paint up to look like a wasp's a$$, check out the glorious Paintbrush rendering below.

P.S. if any photoshop junkies wanna make it look a little better I would appriecated it, but I think you get the idea.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
stuartwesterman said:
What's the benefit to having sharkskinz? Are they easier to take on and off... I don't really understand the pros and cons.
The upper is one piece, meaning the sides and upper are together. The lower is connected with 2 Dzuz fasteners on each side and the 2 allen bolts to the rear. Also the tank cover has the air duct vents molded so they are not separate. I could take the upper and lower off my bike in less than 5 minutes.

The fairings are more flexible than stock. You can also repair the fairings if you wanted/needed. Its messy and tedious but can be done. The stock stuff tend to snap, even in low-speed getoffs.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
HRC600RR, you don't like my paintbrush skills, haha

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
:shock: damn man! that's a.... uh... nice lookin' drawrin' ya got there. um, yea SOMEBODY PHOTOSHOP THAT THING! :lol2:

lol, i'm just kiddin' man. i do get the idea, though. if you can get a good photoshop pic it might actually look good.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts