Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I recently acquired a 2005 CBR600 RR. 73,xxx KM on her. Owner claims to have kept it well maintained, seems to be in good shape.

Anyhow I noticed as I drive down the road I get this noise that only happens when I'm moving and giving NO throttle. Sort of a Krrhhh krrh krrh krrhh noise if that makes sense. Not super loust but present. Noise goes away as soon as I either give throttle or pull in the clutch lever. Noise is NOT present when I'm idling. I assume it may be time for a clutch replacment? This is my first motorcycle... iv driven dirtbikes for years, never experienced this issue. So figured I'd ask. Thanks for any info. The bike has aftermarket levers on it with the little dial to set the lever distance. It's on 4 (out of 6) and clutch engages roughly qtr inch of pressing the lever... maybe even less.

·
Registered
389 Posts
You are probably hearing drive chain noise. How does the chain look? Is it clean?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Honda-power you are correct. It most certainly was the noise. The chain was just over 2" in slack. Did an adjustment, and vuwala fixed. I feel like an idiot and should of known, and checked that first. Still got a bit of life in the chain, I'm between the notches 6 and 7 of the axle nut. However the chain needs a good cleaning and lube. Showing some rust Mark's on the chain. I think I'm just go ahead and order a new chain and sprockets.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts