Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the dealership today looking at the KLR650. Took one for a ride.

Then I saw this blue ZX10r sitting over in the used building, out of sight unless you're test riding a bike. It's brand new leftover from 2008. Marked down to $6,999. If it was a 1000RR I would have it sitting outside next to my car right now. Still, I've had Kawi before, and a brand new literbike for under 7 grand!? I love my RR but I've been thinking about getting a literbike for some time and this seems like it may be an opportunity too good to pass up. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
539 Posts
Go big or go home?

Lol! Do what you feel is right. You can always trade it back in in a few years for that RR again ;)

·
BOTM Winner 03/13
3,143 Posts
Apparently the newer ZX-10Rs are great. Build quality is said to have improved significantly on the older models. If it's what you really want and you think you might regret not trading then go for it!

I love my 600RR. It would be a real wrench to get rid of it and I definitely wouldn't trade it for a different supersport 600. I think there's only 2 or 3 bikes I would trade for:

(2007-) Triumph Street Triple
(2009-) Yamaha R1
(200:cool: MV Agusta F4 1078RR

·
Registered
395 Posts
not bad price at all, if thats what you want then id go for it.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
i have had the pleasure to ride an 09 and boy are those bikes amazing, do it for sure... you cant beat a brand new liter bike for less that 7 g's

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm really considering it. I'm also considering going a completely different direction and trading for a WR250R. I really want to get into dual sport riding. I could get the WR250R and then pick up a 1000RR or literbike or some sort in a year or two when it's in the budget. My GF quit her job so I'm paying double rent and it's destroying me financially. I think I'd like a 1000RR more than a ZX10R but no doubt I'd love a ZX10. It's blue too, and I'd really rather have black...then again $6,999!! So cheap.

I think I'd have more (LEGAL) fun on a little dual sport, but I know I can handle literbikes...if I sell my truck and RR I can swing either one. I just dont' have any extra cash lying around to make up the dealer trade-in of $5000 and the out the door of like $7500 on the ZX10.

Anything could happen I suppose...asking $6500 OBO on the RR. So much money in upgrades...

·
Registered
697 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm hearing $5k is a generous trade-in for my CBR. 08 with 12k miles. I was thinking about taking the ZX10R after all, so I got an insurance quote. For the SAME COVERAGE my insurance increased over 10 times! It went from $259/year to over $2,700/year. I am 21, and have no points on my license. Awesome. Guess a literbike is out of the question until I'm older. I'm getting the WR250R now most likely.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts