Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought a used 2008 600RR and it looked clean. I bought a set of OES cut frame sliders, and upon pulling the fairings I've discovered that the bike has been down; some of the frame material has grinded down/over the right side engine mounting bolt where the slider goes.

After dremelling out enough metal to remove that bolt, the slider went in fine. The peculiar part is on the LEFT side, removing the bolt took a lot of effort to unscrew. Once out, I noticed that installing the frame slider and bolt was just as tough. I removed it again and saw that the hole in the frame and the hole on the engine didn't line up 100%. I removed the right side bolt and reinstalled the left thinking the right side may be misaligned. Turns out, it really is the left side.

Is this normal, or is the frame bent slightly? It's just weird to me that the side that took the impact fitted the slider fine, but the left is a bit off.

I'm relatively new to the CBR scene so i'm not sure if this is a common issue. Any input helps, thanks

edit: fixed my atrocious grammar.

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
It is a possibility.

You really want your engine to line up properly in the mounting holes. Your engine provides a gyroscopic force and if unaligned in your chassis it will affect your stability and handling.

Loosen the upper rear mounts and lift the front of the motor till it aligns properly and then install your front bolts. Then re-tighten your upper rear mount. if it doesn't line up you may have a bent frame.

Dr. Johns can re-align you if you're in SoCal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm located in houston tx, and my 600RR is currently across town at my brother's place (my garage is already full with my car and other bike). I'm going over there this weekend to change the oil and flush the coolant so i will snap pictures then.

Thanks guys, much appreciated

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Ok. I have a tool to check the wheel alignment, which can also help check frame alignment (to a degree, depends on the damage). I was wondering your location to see if you were near any of us. We'll wait for the pics.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well you can always take it to a body shop and have them check to see if it has frame damage, or if not just do what Ldn said and see if that works.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey all sori to revive an old thread but I'm having a same problem as well. Which one is the upper rear mount? I'm so frustrated... tried to install frame sliders, the right side went without a problem but this happen to the left side (which has been dropped before). I tried liftin the engine by using car jack but it is off to the side as well. Help please!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hey all sori to revive an old thread but I'm having a same problem as well. Which one is the upper rear mount? I'm so frustrated... tried to install frame sliders, the right side went without a problem but this happen to the left side (which has been dropped before). I tried liftin the engine by using car jack but it is off to the side as well. Help please!!!
hey man, sorry i forgot to update this thread, but i couldnt get the engine to reseat to the frame. the bolt was still tight on the left side, and i havent been able to troubleshoot it. if you come up with anything let me know. i've just been riding it the way it is, i was quoted a steep amount to get the frame checked for straightness.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts