Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this in the "General Discussion" area but wanted to come here as well since you guys are really responsive, and I appreciate that.

I had to choose between a lowside or going offroad and picked the latter. That said, the ground def wasn't even and there was a very small ditch but not small enough that the front tire hit it, stopped the bike there and kicked me off. I would assume I got kicked off at maybe <20 mph.

Now to my concern:

I know it can be a mental thing, but the bike seems to ride differently... like I am on a thin wire. What should I have checked on the bike due to the type of accident I had?

alignment?
wheel balance?
possible small bend in fork or wheel?

I am basically throwing things out there. I have noticed NO leaks from the forks. If there is a bend in the wheel, it's not evidently visible.

I appreciate the help!

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Not sure what you mean about riding on a thin wire. Although, if I were in your shoes, I would check the wheels, forks, rotors, and the whole front end of the bike.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will do that. I have been riding on it and really need to have it looked at. I'm hoping the shops have some availability soon.

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
Don't take it to a stealership, but if that's all that is available, you have to bite the bullet because they will charge you a fortune if there is actually something wrong.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Question, if the forks are off, can they be fixed or is it similar to a car frame that once it's bent, It won't be quite the same after?

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I'm not exactly sure, but I would think they would need to be replaced. I doubt they are like the subframe, if it's tweaked a little you can get a heating torque and bend the subframe back.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Get the frame inspected. Have the alignment checked. (If you have the factory service manual, it will describe the chassis/alignment inspection procedure for certain things, like checking to see if your wheel bearings are bad).

Any reputable shop that specializes in motorcycle repair should be able to check your bike for a small fee.

·
Registered
404 Posts
if you feel like something is off then you should definitely get it inspected. i'm thinking maybe alignment issue?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I did have the front end checked. the alignment was off and they corrected it. As for the frame, I will have to get that checked as well. It would be something else if that impact caused the frame to tweak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.