Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to figure out if i should shave my original turn signals and do something completely different. If you have custom Turn signal installs, please post. Especially if you have one integrated in the headlights!!!

L

·
Registered
587 Posts
What I'm doing with my bike is I'm gonna drill little holes and have led's inside the holes (kinda like tripage pegs) and that is gonna be my turn signals. So you wont really notice em until they are lit up. I'm doing that up front and out back.

·
Registered
428 Posts
do a search there are a million of these threads posted with pics and you said something of turnsignals in the headlights?..never seen them but that sounds pretty lame and not very practical

·
Registered
166 Posts
Camel Jockey, thats exactly what i was looking for! Is that custom or did you order them, either way post up how or where

·
Registered
223 Posts
I purchased some new GSXR1000 mirrors that have the signals built into them stock. I had to modify the holes for the mounting screws on them a bit and then drill a hole through my fairing directly underneath their mounting base but it all looks pretty slick. I'll try to get some pics on here. The downside is that their base mounts a little bit more level angle than the 600rr so I have to have the mirrors adjusted out to their max to get a good rearward view. Some shims at the base may aleviate this issue... still experimenting with them and I don't have them wired up yet either.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Yeah last year I was in the market for the GIXXER 1K mirrors,
but they were a buck fifty ($150) for each side! Oh well.. I
got the Watsen's Designs front signals and I don't regret 'em
at all.

-John-

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
If you have a 03-04 you could put the blinkers in the ram air vents on the side. I think Tripage has done those. Check with him.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I like the ones in the mirrors, they look clean and still very visable. Any info on them? That custom?

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
RickRR said:
do a search there are a million of these threads posted with pics and you said something of turnsignals in the headlights?..never seen them but that sounds pretty lame and not very practical

'hey fonzi....that's why i brought this thread up so i can see what others have on their bikes....after viewing the above post, i'll be thinking about getting those mirrors with the turns in them...it's okay if you want to be practical, but i'm little more outgoing than you are.....

·
Registered
223 Posts
LaWNMoWER said:
Yeah last year I was in the market for the GIXXER 1K mirrors,
but they were a buck fifty ($150) for each side! Oh well.. I
got the Watsen's Designs front signals and I don't regret 'em
at all.

-John-

I got lucky at eBay about a year ago... got the gixxer 1k mirrors for $50 total. Keep your eyes out, there are always peeps stripping their bikes down for the track and all.

Also, the gixxer mirror mod that I did isn't a simple bolt on thang. I had to mount the bases up in a mill and re-drill/counter bore the holes for the bolts since they aren't at the same spacing as ours. The angles are off too so they don't adjust outward and upward as far as I'd like. I'm working on some shims for them to correct this. One other point... the gixxer mirrors/signals don't light up as running lights... they are just signals. I've got to figure out how to modify these to work as running lights too... ah, such is the trials of doing custom stuff.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
zymurguy said:
I got lucky at eBay about a year ago... got the gixxer 1k mirrors for $50 total. Keep your eyes out, there are always peeps stripping their bikes down for the track and all.

Also, the gixxer mirror mod that I did isn't a simple bolt on thang. I had to mount the bases up in a mill and re-drill/counter bore the holes for the bolts since they aren't at the same spacing as ours. The angles are off too so they don't adjust outward and upward as far as I'd like. I'm working on some shims for them to correct this. One other point... the gixxer mirrors/signals don't light up as running lights... they are just signals. I've got to figure out how to modify these to work as running lights too... ah, such is the trials of doing custom stuff.

Hey sounds like a interesting project..please keep us updated!!!

L

1 - 14 of 14 Posts