Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a rashed set of track fairings I'm going to rehab and paint. Was going to keep it simple but have decided to do something wild instead. Nothing too labor intensive as I don't want to lose my mona lisa if/when I wreck but something that stands out. Was inspired by rossi's helmet and a member's bike in the FS section to do something like this:

except all over the bike. Fluorescent yellow fairings with handprints in various bright colors. Something like that. Was hoping to get some ideas in this thread and think it'd be really cool for everyone to see a bunch of wild schemes in one place.

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
I'm still debating on doing something like this Brammo Empulse RR rep, but I can't see it not being expensive; like you, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a paint job that can so easily be damaged in a crash. Actually I think it's a vinyl wrap, which is just as expensive if not even more so.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm still debating on doing something like this Brammo Empulse RR rep, but I can't see it not being expensive; like you, I don't want to spend a lot of money on a paint job that can so easily be damaged in a crash. Actually I think it's a vinyl wrap, which is just as expensive if not even more so.

That actually wouldn't be too complicated. Paint it white then get a stencil of the pattern with an etched part to keep the pattern perfect. Something like the attached, where the gray part is etched and you'd place it over the existing lightning bolt so that the white part (hole) would be what you'd fill in with paint. Could create your chain that way. Would be time consuming tho as you'd have to let it dry between bolts...

Attachments

·
Registered
7,045 Posts
^ loving those neon wheels
Hah, that's the part I do have done - I had mine powdercoated that color last year. Man, non-black rims get dirty fast!

Bamascoot, that's pretty clever. But to have it look good would take a level of precision that I would cry too much over, should I toss the bike away. :crackup:

I need to stunt or be a hot chick, so a vinyl wrap house would sponsor me... :thumbup:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Looks good CeeBeeArr600 but the wheels are looking lost now IMO.
You think? I couldn't decide to paint them white or leave them black. I left them black because it was easier, and it has grown on me. Maybe I will dip them white this year and see how I like it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts