Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else live in a city that just could care less about their big ass potholes, Here they will soon be big enough for a person to fall through. It's just ridiculous :roll:

·
Ninja Master
2,459 Posts
that crazy east coast weather will do that to the streets. thankfully we avoid most of that out here in lala land. i bent a few very expensive car rims when i lived on the east coast, but thankfully never rode a bike into one of those beasts.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are so unavoidable, they are everywhere!!!last summer i know of at least 3 guys that had to repair rims. Its terrible we have 1-800-pot-hole. But that doesn't help.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Simonster, what part of lala land you live in?

After our horrible rain I have been noticing some serious pot holes around town and am worried that I may hit one soon :neutral:

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Simonster said:
that crazy east coast weather will do that to the streets. thankfully we avoid most of that out here in lala land. i bent a few very expensive car rims when i lived on the east coast, but thankfully never rode a bike into one of those beasts.
Not just the east coast. SF is pretty effin bad when it comes to the potholes. DPT just finished this one block by my street with a nice sweeper and no cross traffic...and what do they do??? Tear it up to put a new pipe in a week later...WTF... our tax dollars hard at work??? And of course the patchwork after was shoddy and there's a 5 in seam separating... :roll:

·
Registered
108 Posts
I plan to start riding this month, but being in the city I know that I have to be careful all the time. The pot holes are crazy in the five boro's so I plan to do most of my early season riding in NJ and Conn.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
BH600 said:
Simonster, what part of lala land you live in?

After our horrible rain I have been noticing some serious pot holes around town and am worried that I may hit one soon :neutral:
he means here in LA, socal....where i live too :cool:

·
Registered
146 Posts
there are some parts of our roads that it sucks to drive on with my car . I couldn't even imagine turning the corner and hitting a washed out pot hole infested turn like I have in my car lately.

·
Registered
779 Posts
ooppss I clicked on this thread thinking you were referring(sp?) to the more serious epedimic of the holes in pot in our cities today its unfreaking belivable........I would like to apoligize (in my attempt to be funny) its extremely late I'm tired and should probably be sleeping.

But on a more serious note, pertaining to this matter, yes POT HOLES ARE BAD.................BAD POT HOLES!!!!!!! ;-)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same here in the T. Dot. Killed two rims last summer on my car. Dosn't matter where u drive the damn things are everywhere..

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
There's 2 seasons her in Iowa. Winter and Construction. They overlap by about 2 months on each end. I think Iowa is the only state that purposefully builds potholes into their roads (well is sure as hell seems like they do). Some roads are so bad it feels like you're riding a horse. :horseride:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts