Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the title is basically my question, I'm getting a slip on soon just waiting for it to arrive and I plan to PC the mid pipe & removing the ugly heat shield and that leaves the ugly cat exposed and it looks weird if the midpo people is black then the cat it's normal color so I was wondering if it's okay to PC the cat? I've looked around but found no definitive answers, is removing it simple? Idk much about the exhaust so any help is appreciated! Thanks!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh wow thanks for the links! Very useful and I may get them later when I have a bit more cash, since I can't PC the cat my question now is, could I just mask off everything else but the cat and just spray it with some high temp black paint?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
You could spray it with high temp paint no problem.. Honestly it would look great if you it it with steal wool and metal polish. cleans it up so it doesnt look all rust and u get a rainbow color kinda.

·
BOTM winner 03/15
2,308 Posts
I used scotchbrite and autosol to bring mine up to a decent shine which looked a lot better than before. I've now cut it out all together and gone with the replacement pipe linked above.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts