Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the 04 Red/Black RR and i think it would look sick with a red front rim.. How much does powdercoating cost.. just rough price for a front wheel..

I just think with the Red front wheel and the black rear it would look pretty cool.. im gonna photoshop it and check it out as well.. but i was just curious if any of you know what it would cost for a front tire to be powdercoated red.

·
Registered
403 Posts
cbrkid11 said:
I got the 04 Red/Black RR and i think it would look sick with a red front rim.. How much does powdercoating cost.. just rough price for a front wheel..

I just think with the Red front wheel and the black rear it would look pretty cool.. im gonna photoshop it and check it out as well.. but i was just curious if any of you know what it would cost for a front tire to be powdercoated red.
i hope you mean fron rim (not tire) :lol2:

kioken600RR got his rims powdercoated red (looks nice!) The thing with red is they will most likely do it in two stages. First a white base, then the red. Of course, this will cost more. I would say about $125 or so, depending on quality. We get our rims done from this place:
http://www.powdercoater.com/

Top notch quality!

·
Ya'll betta RECKOGNIZE!!!!
2,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah. i meant rim..

that is a mistake i make all the time calling tires wheels and rims ...

tire is the rubber part, rim is the steel/alum part and wheel is the whole thing..

but yeah i meant rim.. How much for the rim...

i hate those colored tires.. they look like CRAP!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
well just incase anyone is interested. i have a repsol replica and got the rims matched to the orange on the bike. either way they were powder coated for 120 bucks for both rims with a clear coat.

·
Registered
422 Posts
does anyone have some highish resolution pics they can post up of their 600rr's with powedercoated rims? (preferably black RR's)

I am toying with the idea of making the rims red on a black 03 RR, like dark red, and have the lowers paited black also, and match the rims with a subtle sticker scheme..... what do you guys think?

I dont even have the bike yet.... but since the thread came up.....plus when i get new tires ill take the opportunity to do it, if i do it....

·
Registered
403 Posts
phaderlanx said:
does anyone have some highish resolution pics they can post up of their 600rr's with powedercoated rims? (preferably black RR's)

I am toying with the idea of making the rims red on a black 03 RR, like dark red, and have the lowers paited black also, and match the rims with a subtle sticker scheme..... what do you guys think?

I dont even have the bike yet.... but since the thread came up.....plus when i get new tires ill take the opportunity to do it, if i do it....
that's pretty much how kioken600rr's bike looks. black '03 with painted lowers and red rims. i'm sure he'll be glad to snap some pics for you. hit him up!

·
Registered
200 Posts
here in GA there's a motorcycle specific paintshop that will powdercoat your wheels for $85 apiece - they'll remove the tires, bearings, etc. You just have to removet the discs.

My RR is black with a silver belly and my wheels have some rock nicks in the painted surface so I'm considering a flat grey/silver powdercoat on the wheels that would match the silver bellypan and engine cases. I'm clueless with photoshop, maybe someone can post up what that might look like.

thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts