Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've decided I'm going to get my forks powdercoated (along w/ some other parts) - does the powdercoating process affect the forks themselves? Does the heat affect the seals, springs, fork oil, etc.? Will I need to disassemble the forks before they are powdercoated?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Powdercoating involves baking an electrostatically attracted material onto your parts. I'm pretty sure you will need to disassemble the forks. Someone else on here had some fork parts coated, but I don't recall who (But im sure hell turn up). If you don't take things apart im pretty sure your seals will melt out and fork oil will leak into the oven bay.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
You will need to take your forks apart... I did the lowers on my 04 and I also did the sleeve on the top that is visable through the tripple.. You can't do the whole fork, you need some compression travel.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks T. That was going to be my next question - can the upper (inner) portion of the tube be powdercoated. I'm up in the air about whether or not to try having the upper portion powdercoated - how much room did you leave at the bottom, and was it enough?

·
Registered
638 Posts
I wondered what your bike looked like T. Is there anything that isn't PC'd?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts