Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the people here that powdercoated there wheels did you resuse your wheel bearings or did you buy new ones?

also heres a pic of my bike, im thinking either gold, bronze or white. any opinions would be great. also getting subframe and rearsets powdercoated black :five:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Ive got the same color scheme and was thinking of the blue or silver to match the paint.... I would theorize that new bearing would be used, but i am talking out of my ass on that one. Just dosent seem worth wheel issues to reuse stock after tear down then to just buy new ones. Gold would be trickier to pull off, maybe with gold rearsets, a set of asv or pazzo levers, p/c calipers or gas cap.... Just need other accents i think to really pull it off. that is why i personally am going to stick with blue or silver.

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts
Bearings can stay in and be reused as long as they are protected during prep and coating. Personally I would go black rearsets, black midpipe, black subframe, leave the back rim black and do the front rim in silver. Give you a different look that flows with the black/silver and blue. T

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Silver front wheel and a blue rear wheel. Hmm

·
Premium Member
14,336 Posts

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Silver front wheel and a blue rear wheel. Hmm
I think it might be even better the other way around, or blue front and black rear maybe ?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Careful with gold, I had to double check to get a color I liked. The bright golds dont seem to hold up the best for brightness. I settled on a happy medium.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i was gonna pick up a 900rr or superhawk and make a fighter but i actually decided to use my 07, lol. so im goin a completely different direction now with the bike. so the wheels are gonna stay black. will have some pics up soon.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts