Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recieved my pc III today, 2nd hand off ebay and it didn't have the software with it, is it the same as i can download off the power commander website?

....and im in the middle of installing it now, and have gotten as far as disconnecting the stock connecters, all came easy of except for the first one, been trying ages! head is goin! ready to smash things up....any sugggestuions on how to get off ??

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
I recieved my pc III today, 2nd hand off ebay and it didn't have the software with it, is it the same as i can download off the power commander website?

....and im in the middle of installing it now, and have gotten as far as disconnecting the stock connecters, all came easy of except for the first one, been trying ages! head is goin! ready to smash things up....any sugggestuions on how to get off ??
Are you talking about the TPS connector? I used a small but long screwdrive to release it and did the same to seat the PCIII connector..

If its one of the FI just walk away for a few and try again should come off like the other...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
tps connectors?

im a complete novice when it comes to mechanics, its an 03, if that makes a difference?

ive tried the screwdriver etc, just will take patients i fink.

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
teamstinkin... go to powercommander.com and find the instalation instructions. print it and go from there.
Its really clear and has pics...

You should have 5 connectors, the one that look a little different form the the rest is the TPS connector (throttle position sensor)

After connecting, zero, or reset the Throttle position to match what your bike's idle position is... Also very easy and instructions on the site, all pdf format.

From there, just make sure you download European model specific software.
I guess there is a slight difference, who knows.

Asl Paul if he'll let you try his map...
If you have any problems you can PM me or post it on here.

·
19,904 Posts
Oh, if you didnt take off the left side plastic, you'll be at it even longer...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my bike is stripped for paint so its all off.

yeh im following the power commander instructions and i know how to do it, the tps connector is the one you put the wire tap on to i assume, i don't know what they are called but know where everythying is going. just this connector the first one of the four! headwork, ive sprayed ac-90 (wd40) oil on it now so hopefully that wil free it. thanks everyone!

·
19,904 Posts
wire tap? dude its a plastic plug similar to the ones for the injectors.
the only wire i can think of is the ground that goes to the battery terminal.

Are you looking at the right instructions.

·
19,904 Posts
^^ The older PC3's you had to tap into the TPS, it didnt come with a harness...
oh, ok, sorry, had no idea about that one.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
The wiring is the same, but the pre days of the PCIII for the 03-04's they supplied a scotchlock tap. Around late summer of 04' they switched to a harness connector for the TPS. If you don't believe me you can search this forum for people installing their PC3's with the tap...

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
right ive done it !!!

....but what i haven't done is remove the bracket to put the pc III harness under, so the seat goes back on flush. the reason i skipped this is because the nuts underneath are so hard to get to, and when i do get them off how, do you get them back on???? its so tight, that you can't place the nut underneath to put the bolt through?

any ideas cos one nut has already dropped down into the plastic mould, never to be seen again!

yeh mine had a 'wire tap', weren't too bad, my 1st throttle body connector was the one i couldn't get off! headwork, just wouldn't give!

·
19,904 Posts
^ i didnt take that bracket off, i didnt have any tools, i ine by one pushed the connectors under it then pulled the wire.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
mines all connected up now.....aw fuk it! i'll have to start again! that bracket !!!!!!

in for paint 2mo!...been a long time coming!!

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
rite! ive got it all on, its under the bracket, exactly the same as the instructions!

ive got the engine running....wot do i do next? cos ive revved it, and the green lights run up & down, ive pressed the low, med, high buttons, nothing is happening?
my bike is still with out fairings, so havnt taken it for a spin, is the power commander already doin sumfin?

remember i haven't got the original instructions (2nd hand) so a bit lost here. thanks

·
19,904 Posts
^ the lights are normal..
if they ALL go out with the engine worry, then u have a problem.
You need to set the 0% throttle position, download the fuel accelerator and then find a map to your liking.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok, i'll give that a go. thanks

1 - 20 of 35 Posts