Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering, i know its better to get power commander after mods, but is it really needed, after a mild slip on? i just got a yoshi rs5 and i was just wondering if it would cause any damage to the motor, or fuel delivery, riding without being tuned on PC?

·
Administrator
51,153 Posts
TribalRR916 said:
i was just wondering, i know its better to get power commander after mods, but is it really needed, after a mild slip on? i just got a yoshi rs5 and i was just wondering if it would cause any damage to the motor, or fuel delivery, riding without being tuned on PC?
No its not really needed and NO not having a PC
wont cause any engine damage what so ever

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
I rode with my jardine for about a month before I got my PCIII. works fine without, but works better with it though. actually, stock bike works better with the pcIII too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ditto...I also ran for about a month or two with a Jardine s/o...but changed my world after the PCIII !!! But then again, at the same time as the PCIII I did also do 520 conversion with +2/-1 !! So of course I would feel a difference ! But its all definitely smoother and no popping !

·
C.A.H.N founder / President
11,188 Posts
I've been running a Arata full system without a PC for a while now. It won't hurt anything.

·
Registered
965 Posts
As well I have been running a full system for about a month, no PC3.. Runs rich though.. like really rich.. next on my list for sure

·
Post Whore Extraordinaire
19,904 Posts
peopel have been riding around for years with air filters and slip ons as the only power mod with NOOOO problems.
But if you can afford it get one, a PC is a damn good investment.

Now ive heard, and this is heard... that after installing you should disconnect the battery for a few minutes to rest the ECU, so it can relearn and adjust to the new setup.
Ive nver tested the theory and i have no idea if its BS or may actually help.

K

·
0 Posts
Running rich can cause excessive build up around valves.
Running lean can cause excessive heat fatige in the exhaust system and piston rings.

CAN, not will...

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
Knightslugger said:
Running rich can cause excessive build up around valves.
Running lean can cause excessive heat fatige in the exhaust system and piston rings.

CAN, not will...
Exactly! I think the point people are missing is there is no gaurantee that it won't run too rich or lean. My Leo Vince did run too lean.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i wouldnt get one just yet, if you have in mid to get a full system later down the road wait til then b/c if you buy one now, you'd have to get mapped and that'll cost anywhere from 200-400 bucks depending where you live... besides once you get a full system you'd have to get mapped no doubt about so just hang on man take your time and enjoy your new can brodah

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
or you can get one now, download the map that corresponds to your slip on, then get a custom map done if/when you get a full system.

·
Registered
235 Posts
when I had my new two borthers slip on added, I asked the dealer if I should do a power commander and he said if you want to through another couple of hundered into the bike feel free. Is it necessary to do, not really, but it wouldn't hurt. He also told me that a full race system isn't a great investment for street riding it is expensive and how much more power are you really getting? If you go for track days than go for a power commander if not slip-on and air filter is plenty of difference.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i have a yoshi slipon mine and i just did the DIY velocity stacks, i should probally get a PC but im gonna wait till winter time since riding is almost over in PA :(

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hey man I got the Yoshi rs5 too and I "chose" to get the power commander a couple months after i installed my slip on, it makes a hell of a difference. After riding with it, i would never not "want" it anymore. If you have the extra money lying around, go for it. You'll be glad you did.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts