Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up a downed cbr600rr project that I'm in the middle of putting back together, at one point he did have a power commander on it w/ a map along w/ aftermarket exhaust and when I got it they were removed and I plan on replacing it w/ a stock exhaust am I going to have to do any work or anything or can they just be removed and go back to oem and be okay thanks for any help

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
Dude, the stock exh. is an heavy (and fugly) piece of steel.

Look for a used full system? OTF?

if you use stock exhaust, no need for pcommander.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I just want to get it on the track for next season and not trying to shell out 400 for a full system to then buy a power commander for it too, I'm just looking for a cheap full system, and I just figured that since it already had a specific tune that just by unplugging it and putting a stock exhaust on it I'd someone how have to re tune it to stock? Idk just a question ion is new to me and didn't find much research on people going from a full exhaust system back to stock

·
Registered
5,230 Posts
you should be good with a stock exhaust system and no power commander, as long as same model/year......might as well run stock air filter also...ecu has stock fuel map to work with above setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts