Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Ducati Champion Del Mondo
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, yeah I got no pix but all I can say is I pitty the people who had faulty PC3 in the begining, that TPS sensor is a bitch to get to.

Oh well, I will post the dyno info. after she gets mapped this comming Friday.

Thanks to Slyder for lending a hand.

Jason

·
Why isn't this an option? Why man, why?
2,641 Posts
yes that tps sensor is a pain in the a** to get to. how long did it take you?

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To do it all, about 3 hours I guess.

Jason

·
Registered
865 Posts
awesome...look forward to those dyno numbers.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes two of us. =]

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was trying to forget that part.

Jason

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Let's not talk about you leaving stains on my carpet!

Jason

·
Registered
1,876 Posts
The direction of this conversation is starting to scare me :LOL

Have you had a chance to ride the bike with the new mods yet?

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I did but only for a sort time as I don't have a correct map for the exhuast or velocity stacks. As stated, this Friday that will all change.

Jason

·
Registered
331 Posts
I just installed V-stacks and an RS-5 carbon slip on and I tell you what...WOW.

I got the bike baselined @ 96.7 HP, I think - it was just shy of 97 so basically 97 HP. I slapped on the V-stacks and slip-on the next day and even the ride back to the shop to get it custom map was an eye opener. I couldn't get my custom map done because my PC seems to be fubared from a lowside I had over the winter - it seems to have a flakey USB conection and we couldn't get it stay connected to finish off the map, we didn't bother with doing a dyno run with just the goodies and no custom mapping so I have no idea what the HP is with just the goodies. I have another PC3 on the way so I should have everything on the bike and custom mapped by this time next week I hope.

I know that the FP v-stacks and the RS-5 are a common combo so I have no problem posting up the map file once I have it done. Be warned it may not be the best for your bike because I am up in Canada at a pretty high elevation so just be warned. I will for sure get them to overlay the base run and the custom mapped runs and print it off, I can then scan it and post it up here.

·
Registered
153 Posts
yeah, I also felt a difference after I installed the PCIII and rode the bike with velocity stacks, BMC race filter and Jardine CF slip-on. Definately more midrange and a noticeable difference in powerband, ie. a lot SMOOTHER when rolling on the throttle. At low speeds and cruising speeds as well, there was a noticeable smoothness compared to stock and goodies without PCIII. hoping by next week I'll have enough funds to get a custom map for $300. (san diego)

BTW, how much time is needed for a custom map to be done? I was quoted 5-6 hours.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
JimmysRR said:
yeah, I also felt a difference after I installed the PCIII and rode the bike with velocity stacks, BMC race filter and Jardine CF slip-on. Definately more midrange and a noticeable difference in powerband, ie. a lot SMOOTHER when rolling on the throttle. At low speeds and cruising speeds as well, there was a noticeable smoothness compared to stock and goodies without PCIII. hoping by next week I'll have enough funds to get a custom map for $300. (san diego)

BTW, how much time is needed for a custom map to be done? I was quoted 5-6 hours.
If you want it done right give them as much time as they need. Give them the keys and tell them to call you when they're happy. 5-6 hours isn't that long to wait for a good custom map.

·
7,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I was told give or take 4 hours.

Jason

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
If they know what they're doing, they could do it in 2. Depending on their cooling system, most of the time may be taken up in waiting for the bike to cool down, but 5 hours to make a map? What are they doing? Open heart surgery? LOL

·
Registered
153 Posts
Birdman said:
If they know what they're doing, they could do it in 2. Depending on their cooling system, most of the time may be taken up in waiting for the bike to cool down, but 5 hours to make a map? What are they doing? Open heart surgery? LOL
Yeah, exactly my question... I mean, I have no problem leaving them the keys and picking up the bike whenever they're done. It seems lengthy, almost the whole work day making a custom map, doesn't seem efficient. Especially for being the only place in town that is an authorized Dynojet tuner. Which is proabably why the price is double, compared to other places.

I also asked how they were taking AFR readings and was told with a sniffer via the slip-on... ??? Which brings up another question of accuracy. Being a CA bike (O2 sensors (x2)) it already has bungs for a wideband sensor to be used. I offered to take the lower plastics off to allow for easier access to the O2 sensors, and was told I didn't have to prep the bike in anyway. I plan on taking the lowers off anyway, as well as capping off and/or removing the PAIR valve. To help make the process go quicker and get an accurate AFR while tuning in the custom map.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts