Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the compatabilities of the power commanders within the honda line? Specifically will a cbr600 (117-411) fit a cbr1000 (132-411)? The harnesses look identical in the install instructions and the part numbers are similar. Anyone? Id like to save some money here....

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
Does anyone know the compatabilities of the power commanders within the honda line? Specifically will a cbr600 (117-411) fit a cbr1000 (132-411)? The harnesses look identical in the install instructions and the part numbers are similar. Anyone? Id like to save some money here....
Power Commanders come tuned for YOUR bike. They are pre loaded with a map for your bike. At least thats what they say. I just installed mine. Mine is for the 07-08 600rr. Not 07-08 600 or 1000rr

I got mine from Disco on here, pm him for a price. I got an AWESOME deal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Power Commanders come tuned for YOUR bike. They are pre loaded with a map for your bike. At least thats what they say. I just installed mine. Mine is for the 07-08 600rr. Not 07-08 600 or 1000rr

I got mine from Disco on here, pm him for a price. I got an AWESOME deal.
However it is just a matter of inputting the appropriate map for the bike if i am not mistaken... The hardware should all be the same as far as i know and the only difference is in connections... can anyone verify that?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Always remember... When it comes to engines and parts, similar DOES NOT equal same. Honda may use different injectors and tbs in the 1000rr... Same connections (same manufacturer), but the possibility of incorrect voltages and errors in communications between PC3 and ECU... Just some food for thought...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Always remember... When it comes to engines and parts, similar DOES NOT equal same. Honda may use different injectors and tbs in the 1000rr... Same connections (same manufacturer), but the possibility of incorrect voltages and errors in communications between PC3 and ECU... Just some food for thought...
Thats the purpose of the software.... but the hardware should be the same.... guess ill have to call the tech guys at pc....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
anyone have an idea?

·
Registered
211 Posts
This has been covered, do a search.
AFAIK, RC51 Power Commanders will fit.

·
Premium Member
1,752 Posts
call the company. I wouldnt do it. Call honda, call dynojet

Sounds like your pretty set on trying no matter what so... I guess go for it.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This has been covered, do a search.
AFAIK, RC51 Power Commanders will fit.
This is a tiring comment to make but i have done plenty of searches and have found no information, thats why im posting. If you can type out a comment you can easily post a link...

·
Registered
211 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the info, I had found the intra-class compatibilities but not the inter-class compatibilities.. Im convinced it should work... ill post once ive tried it...

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
many powercommanders will work on different models of bikes if they are physically the same unit. Just the maps inside are different on some models.

How can you tell if a pc3 will fit other models by changing the map (same physical units)?
You look at the bottom of the black box on the pc3 and it will have a list of part numbers. You can convert that physical unit into any of those part numbers by just changing the map. Now if the part number isn't listed then you can't convert it to that as it's a different physical pc3.

I hope this helps guys :)

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thank you!!! im going to check that out.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
HAHAHA it is possible though the official, make you buy a new one guys, will tell you no.... .... a little tweaking mind you but i just saved me 300 bones....

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
So this means I can use a PCIII from a CBR1000?? WOOT!
Ah one caveat here though... To use a 600 on a 1000 is possible but the reverse may not be. The reason is, rewiring aside, to use the 6 on a 10 you must use a 6 map file (with 10 values) which has a higher rpm range. This is no problem for the 10 as it will not rev that high. But if you use a 10 on a six when you rev high you will run out of map.... Unless there is a way to add rpm cells to the spreadsheet....

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
i think software is what makes the difference...actually i am sure about that.

one of my friend used to have a F4i bought a PCIII ..than he re-flush it....install new map and put it on a 04 RR

1 - 20 of 20 Posts